Del's Garden Blog: Summer 9-8-13

Forum rules
Same rules apply here as on the Main Community forum, be polite, tolerant, and courteous. If you are not happy with a post,'report' it.

Users cannot start their own topics in this area, so if you want a blog topic started, contact using contacts form at the bottom of the page :)
Delboy

Del's Garden Blog: Summer 9-8-13

Post by Delboy »

Well its been a busy few weeks for me and its time i shared a few pics of my garden so far.

We moved into our house may last year, just before our 2nd child was born.
Its been a crazy year with LOTS of DIY to do in the house. After 6 months of hard slogging inside i decided to take a break and get the garden sorted.
It has drove me mad looking out of the window at the mess for almost a year.

The previous people had let the garden get into quite a state. We had 20'+ conifer trees all down one side and a very shabby fence the other.
There was also a crazy amount of junk that had been buried over the years :shock:

Last year a few weeks before bonfire night i lopped all 11 of the conifer trees down. Next between jobs i managed to errect a fence but then the snow came so everything got put on hold.

Towards the end of feb i decided to get cracking. Now this is my first garden as our last property was rented and the garden was a tiny patio/lawn. So i have had plenty of time to think about what i'd like out of a garden.

Here are some pics, as you will see its been a hard slog and everything has been done on my own which for a DIY/Garden novice im pretty happy with.
2 (Medium).JPG
1.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
7.JPG
6.JPG
use1.JPG
use2.JPG
use3.JPG
use4.JPG
Last edited by Delboy on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Delboy

Re: My Garden Project

Post by Delboy »

For some reason my other pics come up as
The image file you tried to attach is invalid.
:roll:

Argh lol
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Wow, some graft gone in there Del. Good work!

Looking at those pics is like watching an episode of Ground Force!

It might be that there's a limit of 10 pics per post, try adding the others in a new reply.

:)
sam140

Post by sam140 »

I bet you drank plently of tea
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Yeah its 10 pics per post, so i went to add the others in a reply and it says they are invalid files.
Just tried them on 2 other sites and they load fine.

The other ones are the better pics too lol.

Will keep trying.

The amount of work was huge for just one person and a spade but its been fun.
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Right seems to be working fine now
10.JPG
11.JPG
13.JPG
14.JPG
I thought the pampas grass was a goner but its now getting some green back if you rumage around inside.
pampus.JPG
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Superb! I love those raised beds, great concept that will look fantastic when your climbers get bigger.
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Yeah should look good. The only reason i went for raised beds is to get shot of some soil as i had loads left over.

I had a evergreen honeysuckle elsewhere so moved it to grow up the pergola, but i may get something else to grow up the back. Just need a bench now but keep spending my money on plants :DD
dorothy

Post by dorothy »

Wow what a transformation! You must have spent a lot of time on it and you must be really pleased with the results.Hope poor little bunny coped ok with the bad weather. :)
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Yes im very pleased with the work so far.

The pergola was built this weekend, and today i laid the slabs under it. It turned out much better than expected.

there were a few times i thought i had taken on too much but im glad i stuck with it.

The bunny (Barney) coped fine with the cold, he has been moved now closer to the house to make way for a lawn extension lol.
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Terrific turnabout Del, some nice colours in there as well icon_thumleft
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Lovely jubbly! icon_thumleft
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

good work icon_thumleft
lee-ann

Post by lee-ann »

Great transformation looks ace :D
kata

Post by kata »

Hey Del,

Looks great..unbelievable amount of hours you had to have spent in there but the rewards speak for themselves, now you can dawdle your way round the rest.

You have some weeks yet before the summer hits us properly.

Lovely job so far!

Water feature, sandpit, swings...now about the kid's toys.. :lol: :lol: