Aloe! Aloe! Aloe!

Libby

Aloe! Aloe! Aloe!

Post by Libby »

Look what I have here

a very poorly Aloe. My husband bought it years ago and it has been sat on my window sill ever since. I repotted it at the beginning of this year and by the looks of it I need to do it again. So what can I do to it to make it look healthy again?
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

It goes that off colour for awhile when you move it from indoors to outdoors during summer.

Don't forget to liquid feed it at least once during summer and water now and again. It should green up again soon :)
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

I don't know much about these, but I'm learning that many cacti and suculents don't dislike water in the growing season, they just dislike poor drainage. and too much water in the dormant season. My father grow cacti far better than I do, and he treats them as ordinary plants in the summer, watering several times a week in hot dry weather. :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Libby »

To be honest it is totally neglected as I forget about it as I do the Christmas Cactus, but that survives. I think I will give it some good ol chicken poo!!! and see what happens lol!!!!
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

A little bit of shade might help.I've got some aloes in the greenhouse,some are on top of the shelving some underneath(forgotten about).The ones on the bottom are a nice deep green while the top ones are very light and nowhere near as nice.