my french garden in provence!

RogerBacardy

Re: my french garden in provence!

Post by RogerBacardy »

Very nice. The washy and the stout basjoo look the most impressive to me, but I also really like your arid zone.
samirbouag

Post by samirbouag »

RogerBacardy wrote:Very nice. The washy and the stout basjoo look the most impressive to me, but I also really like your arid zone.
héhéhé thank you mate! :D
Coleslaw

Post by Coleslaw »

Bonjour Sam, vous avez un jardin beau ! I lurve the South of France, I've spent so many holidays there now it works out as 6 months of my life :) I know Aix en Provence, it's a great place for sitting in a cafe and watching the world go by. France inspired me to grow olives, figs, canna and oleander but my banana has to go indoors for the winter :( I have bought a mimosa to try now.
billdango

Post by billdango »

Lovely pictures and even more lovely plants? but as all us forum members know many of these plants grow well in the uk esp on the south coast.
Down here we can grow and flower mimosas,pink siris trees,oleanders in the ground,agapanthuses,lampranthus species,the list goes on.
other plants that do well to at least -7c are musa basjoo, palm species varius,p canariensis extreme south coast only or london city,fig trees,ki wi plants etc so you don,t have to live in a mediterranian climate to grow mediterranian plants.
so the moral to this thread is don,t give up because we live in a cold country?.
rgds billdango. icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
kata

Post by kata »

I think its warm all the time,

Certainly it was warm in December when we went to France for wine :lol: :lol:
i've ever seen in my area is -8.8°c, it was this winter!
Oh you would die here Sami in winter....don't come................. :lol: :lol: :lol:

icon_cheers icon_cheers
samirbouag

Post by samirbouag »

Coleslaw wrote:Bonjour Sam, vous avez un jardin beau ! I lurve the South of France, I've spent so many holidays there now it works out as 6 months of my life :) I know Aix en Provence, it's a great place for sitting in a cafe and watching the world go by. France inspired me to grow olives, figs, canna and oleander but my banana has to go indoors for the winter :( I have bought a mimosa to try now.

wow you know the place where a live! good description! exact! hahaha thanks for me!

why did you put your banana inside, a musa basjoo can live outside in UK! even a fog tree i think! i've see a big big fig tree in camden town in april! but i think a mimosa gonna be limited for the south coast or well protected in town and in london! a mimosa need a lot of sun, and a south exposision! here in the french riviera they grow naturaly, if you come in nice or cannes in february all the hills are yellow of mimosa! :D

see ya!
samirbouag

Post by samirbouag »

billdango wrote:Lovely pictures and even more lovely plants? but as all us forum members know many of these plants grow well in the uk esp on the south coast.
Down here we can grow and flower mimosas,pink siris trees,oleanders in the ground,agapanthuses,lampranthus species,the list goes on.
other plants that do well to at least -7c are musa basjoo, palm species varius,p canariensis extreme south coast only or london city,fig trees,ki wi plants etc so you don,t have to live in a mediterranian climate to grow mediterranian plants.
so the moral to this thread is don,t give up because we live in a cold country?.
rgds billdango. icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft icon_thumleft

Hi !! thanks and i'm totaly agree with you! UK it's a such lucky country! thanks the gulf stream! lol when i've been in london i was surprised to see mediterranean plants grow with a good heath(sorry i've got a little english! lol) as whasingtonias in hampstead,phoenix and fig tree in camden and a lot of calistermon and other mediterranean plants! i knew than london was magic but wowwwwwwww!! :D
kata

Post by kata »

why did you put your banana inside, a musa basjoo can live outside in UK!
Yes Sami, In summmer. Some may risk it but with much protection. I would'nt think just as they fail in the hot summer USA have had they would certainly fail in our cold climate.
matchdatbr.jpg
You would put a nana out in that and hope for the best Sami?

icon_scratch
samirbouag

Post by samirbouag »

kata wrote:
why did you put your banana inside, a musa basjoo can live outside in UK!
Yes Sami, In summmer. Some may risk it but with much protection. I would'nt think just as they fail in the hot summer USA have had they would certainly fail in our cold climate.
matchdatbr.jpg
You would put a nana out in that and hope for the best Sami?

icon_scratch

yes i would, because the snow is nothing , the temperature is the most important!!
i think i've heard that there bananas who grow naturaly in north japan in the sapporo region and they use to have snow in winter!
sam140

Post by sam140 »

Its the UK climate that makes growing exotics interesting and different. It would'nt have the same appeal in med climates because there part of the landscape anyway plus you would'nt be able to grow bamboos in those arid conditions. The UK is the best place to garden, well maybe new zealand tops it, but we just have to hope these freak winters don't continue.
samirbouag

Post by samirbouag »

HY EVERYONE!

this winter is like paradize! very mild in south france so good! but two weeks ago i had some frost during the morning around -2 °c !

here some pic of my garden 24th january 2012 with 20 °c the afternoon!
Attachments
DSC00215 (570x428).jpg
DSC00216 (570x428).jpg
DSC00217 (428x570).jpg
DSC00219 (570x428).jpg
DSC00221 (570x428).jpg
DSC00223 (570x428).jpg
DSC00224 (570x428).jpg
DSC00225 (570x428).jpg
DSC00226 (428x570).jpg
DSC00228 (428x570).jpg
samirbouag

Post by samirbouag »

Attachments
DSC00236 (428x570).jpg
DSC00237 (570x428).jpg
DSC00238 (570x428).jpg
DSC00240 (570x428).jpg
DSC00241 (570x428).jpg
DSC00242 (570x428).jpg
DSC00243 (570x428).jpg
DSC00244 (570x428).jpg
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

20c in winter :lol: :lol: god i am so jealous icon_rambo
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
samirbouag

Post by samirbouag »

The Codfather wrote:20c in winter :lol: :lol: god i am so jealous icon_rambo
lol! but just those 3 days, usualy it's around 14 15°c
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

that will do too icon_thumleft
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !