Tetrapanax Papyrifer TREE pictures.

worzsel

Tetrapanax Papyrifer TREE pictures.

Post by worzsel »

I've just come back from the Isle of Wight, had a fab time and the weather was wonderful, lots of eintertesting plants to be seen and some truly impressive cordylines the size of houses with 7 or 8 branches.

We popped in to Ventnor Botanic Gardens on tuesday and I took these photos for your persusal.

The last photo doesnt really do justice to just how many pups there were.. there must have been literally hundreds. It was a sea of pups with nothing else really growing and this wasnt even a REX so while the leaves were big they were not anywhere near the size of some I have seen in pictues. :shock:
grub

Re: Tetrapanax Papyrifer TREE pictures.

Post by grub »

Great pics Sarah, I was going to add some of the 'trees' at Hardy Exotics but can't find them :x
placidcasual

Post by placidcasual »

great pics
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

just curious if it is possible some of the littles ones could be self sown seedlings?
Nigel Fear

Post by Nigel Fear »

Went there a couple of years back before the spate of cold winters, they had a nice grove of Echium's then and a number of different Cordylines like C.stricta for instance,, with incredibly narrow leaves and trunks, a whole array of various forms of Pseudopanax's some quite large Washingtonia's and Phoenix dactylifera. It would be nice to know that lot are still doing as well as those Tetrapanax's.... Lovely pictures by the way. :D