Targets

Mark

Targets

Post by Mark »

I have set my self some target plants to purchase this coming year.

I hope to get at least 15 new types of banana
At least 8 Colocasia/Alocasia/Xanthosoma. A few more exotic gingers/costus.
I also fancy the Red stemmed Thalia.

A clean Canna Intrigue and museafolia........and Ehmanii.

Thunbergia Gregorii and Mysoriensis.

Have you set your selves any Target plants ?
bodster

Re: Targets

Post by bodster »

Theres no nice proteas in that list mark :(
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Not exactly, but i quite fancy a Butyagrus. Will have to save my pennies first though.

Also the normal Tetrapanax papyriferus, i know a few members have this - so hopefully lots will pup this year 8)

Beyond that not sure yet.
ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

Mark :shock: that lot would fill my entire garden!

I have managed to get a few of the plants i wanted for this year already, but obviously still have some i must have. My list is

1 Schefflera
1 Manihot grahamii (that lives)

then
At least 2 new types of Brug
At least 2 rare variegated agave
At least 1 dark leafed Alocasia
At least one hardy alo or colo to try over wintering outside.

And to get my aloe arborescens variagata of Mel ;)
Last edited by ChrisG on Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

ChrisG wrote:And get get my aloe arborescens variagata of Mel ;)
Old hat now Chris.
ChrisG

Post by ChrisG »

Gaz wrote:
ChrisG wrote:And get get my aloe arborescens variagata of Mel ;)
Old hat now Chris.
How is the plant you brought back from your trip doing? Shame the big one had to be binned.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Looks ok i think. Mark got the 'core' from the bigger bit in a pot, so with any luck it will grow. Just need them to grow like mad now!
tropical-pete

Post by tropical-pete »

Mark - I could set myself some targets, but what little money I have will be spent on plants that I've incorporated into my garden plan, although I guess they are my targets. I dare not list them as there's quite a few, but the gaps are slowly being filled thanks to the kindness of members of this forum, and me shopping around for the bargains :lol:

Thanks, take care

Pete
bodster

Post by bodster »

oh go on tell us pete :)
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

bodster wrote:oh go on tell us pete :)

Whats on your list Martin?
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

Di
Last edited by DiCasS on Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
bodster

Post by bodster »

Gaz wrote: Whats on your list Martin?
Good question Gaz, I dont know really. Some of the nicer hybrid proteas would be good but I am actually running out of room very rapily at the moment both inside the house and in the garden. I need to seriously cut back on my plant buying :)
GARYnNAT

Post by GARYnNAT »

Well I have one ordered thats the Juania Australis, also want a Shefflera 'taiwaniana' but Crugs prices are silly this year, Nick said he will have some in this year and as I have to to pick the Juania up hopefully I can get a scheffy as well, those are the main two but lots of small stuff as well, to many to list here plus a few larger palms I still want, though god knows where they will go :D

Gary
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

We had three nice Scheffies from Crug a year back, the prices werent too bad. They do seem to have jumped up a bit year, although from searching the net they seem to be the main supplier, especially for the unusual ones. Im surprised that there doesnt really seem to be many people selling scheffies yet, as they are a very nice plant. I'd love to plan a trip up to Crug sometime as it looks good from the photos recently posted on Gote.

The typical house plant scheffy will root very easily from a cutting, so i wonder how easy other sheffies are, and whether anyone has tried? Ours are still too small to chop bits off.

The Taiwaniana sailed though winter, although as it was small it had a little open sided 'tent' over it to keep the worst of the wet, frost, snow and wind etc etc off it. Have to see how it takes off now (fingers crossed)!!.
Last edited by Gaz on Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

Yes, this is one plant I have wanted for a couple of years and kept putting it off. I don't mind giving it a sheltered home during the winter if it means keeping it alive, although I have read that it is a tough little plant.

It's nice to hear how others have fared with theirs tho', first had experience and all that!

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.