Had a little renovation this weekend ....

JungleNuts

Had a little renovation this weekend ....

Post by JungleNuts »

Finally bit the bullet, and dug out the Rheum this weekend, didn't really want to, but she was getting hammered by our little 6 legged friends ... and we want to avoid dousing the garden in chemicals if possible ...
So the before picture:
Towards the back.jpg
And the after, after relocating the existing tree fern, popping the new taller one in and filled out existing under planting of Hellebore / Arums / Ferns with a couple of Calathea and some odds and sods from pots near the house ..
Middle_Web.jpg
There's a wee bit more work to do, but the back's given up for today lugging the tree ferns about .... maaaaan they are heavy :ahhh!: :ahhh!:
kata

Re: Had a little renovation this weekend ....

Post by kata »

But now it seems JN, you have less path,

I have to say I do like the first Image the best. I will save judgement till its all finished. :lol:

Backs, yea they do half ache after gardening, and I don't lift tree ferns.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I like it. From the angle of the picture it looks less pleasing to the ieye but I bet in real 3D space it looks better from all angles. The fern fills that space perfectly and I love brushing past plants as I walk around the garden, stuff should overhang paths in my opinion for that authentic jungle feel.

Good job JN!

:DD
kata

Post by kata »

Oh is all I am going to say

Do you like brushing against the revolutas too Goggle icon_cheers icon_cheers
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Yep, us Northerners are thick skinned Kata :lol:

Not in shorts though!
JungleNuts

Post by JungleNuts »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The amount of things that fly, bite and crawl with this jungle planting malarkey .... thick skin is mandatory !

Next weekend is stage 2 .... we have to trim back the Sasa 'boo on the left a wee bit as she's really leaning into the path alot more .... and have a nice spiders web Fatsia to pop in to bring some much needed variegation to the shadier side ....

Kata .... if you think its crowded now .... believe it or not there is another 2 foot'ish tree fern on the left .... we thought it had bit the dust this winter .... and she's actually pushing out 2 new croziers :ahhh!: :ahhh!: :ahhh!: :ahhh!: we'll need a zip line from the back bedroom at this rate to get to the patio area at the back ! icon_cheers
kata

Post by kata »

lol Goggle, I have to be extremely careful,

Revoluta although I am in skirts I can avoid if its not too close to another pot. The bamboo sticks are everywhere point out the pots. Defo dodgy in this garden. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JN, a zip line, now thats cool. :lol: :lol:

Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Mick C

Post by Mick C »

That really is a nice view JN. I'm not sure if I prefer the 'before' or 'after' but I'd be happy looking at either of them.
Simba

Post by Simba »

Wow, I think it looks great JN...... icon_thumleft
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

SUPERB!
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Mick C wrote:That really is a nice view JN. I'm not sure if I prefer the 'before' or 'after' but I'd be happy looking at either of them.
I agree, I think thats pretty much the view up a path that most us would be very happy with. icon_thumright
kata

Post by kata »

24 hours later, well lol almost.

I still prefer the first. was gonna joke and say the ferns need to go :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: to make room to walk.

icon_aaargh icon_aaargh don't shoot me pweese JN, and peeps...I joke.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

Terrific job Jungle..its the Nuts icon_thumleft :D
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Very good,

I think both the before and after shots are two of the best garden images I've seen on here. My kind of planting. Big bold greenery with proper tropical bedding. icon_thumleft
leewatson1980

Post by leewatson1980 »

I agree Kris, I love the jungle look and this is a great example of.

Lee