Bargain Washie's in nottingham

leewatson1980

Bargain Washie's in nottingham

Post by leewatson1980 »

Hi Guys, just had to show you this bargain I just picked up at homebase in nottingham.
the price for a singled stem was £40 but the multi stem £20??? and the multi was bigger than the single.
anyway the main reason im telling is because there are about 3 or 4 left for anyone living close by.

Lee
Attachments
IMG_4565.jpg
Arlon Tishmarsh

Re: Bargain Washie's in nottingham

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

That is good Lee. You figuring on splitting them. Have to check ours out as i'd like a couple to pot up / grow on and overwinter for next season icon_thumright
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

I will check ours tonight....
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
kohwoz

Post by kohwoz »

leewatson1980 wrote:Hi Guys, just had to show you this bargain I just picked up at homebase in nottingham.
the price for a singled stem was £40 but the multi stem £20??? and the multi was bigger than the single.
anyway the main reason im telling is because there are about 3 or 4 left for anyone living close by.

Lee
Looking great. I managed to pick up a bargain in germany, a single for 39 euros. Originally stated always comes with 3 in a pot. I got lucky. But i also noticed that the order number was exactly the same for a single bigger robusta. Think they have messed up somewhere.

For 20 quid thats great. Id be a bit nervous in splitting it up, but for 20, you cannot grumble.
outatime1978

Post by outatime1978 »

lee,is it the homebase near castle marina?? :D
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

great price!!!! How small is that pot though?!? :shock: :lol:
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
leewatson1980

Post by leewatson1980 »

yes mate, castle marina, go go go, they also have basjoo £8.
outatime1978

Post by outatime1978 »

a BASJOO! wonder when they got them in, are they a good size? :D
lee-ann

Post by lee-ann »

:D Thanks for the heads up .... got myself a little one too :lol:
Attachments
IMG_2602.JPG
dorothy

Post by dorothy »

Hi all have had computer problems so have not been on here for a while. Now I have just seen this post and guess what? I am in Bulgaria!! Cannot believe it!! I have been admiring all the exotic plants over here wishing I could bring lots home and then find out there are bargains in my home town. Just rang my husband and have asked him to do a run down there for me but he says he is busy at the moment so does not know if he will have chance to. Just my bloody luck eh :(
Mark L

Post by Mark L »

I was in Homebase in Richmond, SW London today and they had them in too, so maybe they are in several stores, same price, same size too, some were over 6ft in the pot, all multi trunks as well.
Ian Cooke

Post by Ian Cooke »

I live in Nottingham but have a broken foot, plaster and crutches at the moment so can't drive - B****r!
Arlon Tishmarsh

Ian Cooke wrote:I live in Nottingham but have a broken foot, plaster and crutches at the moment so can't drive - B****r!
Hobble........it's all for a good cause :lol:
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

Nice size for the price. Anyone noticed these down south? In the Portsmouth/Southampton area?
Arlon Tishmarsh

Just checking online for our local and found that they have Cordyline Indivisa in stock as well, judging by the description it could be pukka

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st ... s|16849255

Hopefully they'll have the washy's as well, will see tomorrow