Scilly Islands have you been?

Rachelpalm

Scilly Islands have you been?

Post by Rachelpalm »

Hello
I always go abroad when I have a holiday. Either Spain as I own a small house there or Cyprus( parents live there ) or somewhere else warm in Europe. I fancy going to The Scilly Islands for a change as they look very nice. Have you ever been? The beaches and gardens look lovely online.

Cheers
Maxine

Re: Scilly Islands have you been?

Post by Maxine »

Hello,
I am very keen on travel and usually go overseas. I have been photos of the Scilly Islands and they look gorgeous. Getting there has to be by plane, helicopter or by ferry. Accommodation there seems really pricey. I wish I could go there one day.

Maxine

2011 Colombia
2010 Canada
2009 South Africa
2008 Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia
2007 Portugal
2006 Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Romania and Bulgaria
2005 The Maldives
2004 The Seychelles
and lots more travel. I love to see coconut palm trees.
kindredspirit

Post by kindredspirit »

Tresco is fabulous. It's like the Carribbean in Europe.

I went there in my own boat from Cork but the best way to arrive is apparently by plane as you get a birdseye view of the whole place.

The water is crystal clear and you could look down into it all day. Tresco Gardens are to die for.

We checked out the tombstones in the graveyard (we also bought a brick to help in the restoration of the church) and nearly everyone who didn't die by accident at sea lived to be over 90. It must the healthiest place around to live in.

I was told that a woman could leave her handbag down in the middle of the pavement at 9am and when she would come back at 5pm it would still be there. Apparently, there's no crime.

I'm going back some day.
Conifers

Post by Conifers »

kindredspirit wrote: I was told that a woman could leave her handbag down in the middle of the pavement at 9am and when she would come back at 5pm it would still be there. Apparently, there's no crime.
No community spirit either, to save the bag from being ruined by the wind and rain :lol: