Brug Leaves

Bob

Brug Leaves

Post by Bob »

In the spirit of Kris's 'biggest leaves' series of threads, I thought I'd start one for brugmansia leaves. :DD
I know we grow them for the flowers, but they do form some very large leaves too.
I'll kick off with a twenty incher, I'm sure theres a two footer out there somewhere. :mrgreen:
Come on Kris, you know you wanna. :P

Arlon Tishmarsh

Re: Brug Leaves

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

My first year with these Bob and i'm afraid my six inches doesn't measure up to yours :lol: Got a flower tho.......... icon_cheers
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Very impresssive icon_thumright , I think more to the point, your leaves are deep green. I questioned Jase on another topic about his leaves being deep green, and his feeding programme was very intensive. What are you feeding yours on?
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Bob »

Feeding every other day Dave, cycling between liquidised chic poo, growmore with a splash of seaweed, and tomato feed now I see a few buds. The days in between I'm watering (rainwater). Growing medium is, 40% MPC 40% bagged farmyard manure and 20% perlite plus a few big handfuls of BFB.

Mark, Don't be shy let's see that flower! :P
jimhardy

Post by jimhardy »

I haven't really measured the leaves on these Brugs lately but they are pretty big!

I will have to sneak out there and check when the neighbors aren't looking :lol:

Both plants are somewhere between 6-7',so there might be some 20" (+?)
leaves on there.
Attachments
7-16-11018.jpg
Bob

Post by Bob »

They look pretty big from here Jim. icon_thumright
I've given up worrying about what the neighbours think a long time ago, although we get on well with both sides, they think I'm beyond saving. :lol: