My big Zantedeschia 'White Giant' is flowering!

huporhaha

Re: My big Zantedeschia 'White Giant' is flowering!

Post by huporhaha »

Yes Dave, I nurtured it under cover until the end of March - it has grown fast despite the very cool summer here and I have had to pot it on twice. It seems quite healthy so far. :D
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Undercover ???? house, garage, shed ? and at what temp....
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Nice looking plant Huporhaha. Mine was a similar size at the end of last summer.

I agree with Dave. It certainly does well in cool weather. It also appreciates a lot of water, so I think you'll do really well with it up there!

Do you think you'll take the plunge and plant it out next year?

Gareth
Palmer

Re: My big Zantedeschia is flowering!

Post by Palmer »

Palmer wrote:That looks stunning Gareth :mrgreen: and it’s been on my wish list for a long time so where can I buy it!!
Bought three small Hercules off eBay back in September, I placed them on a windowsill and they started to grow then suddenly they all died back :( I thought the worst, then they started to grow again :) :)
Question is, are they ok to carryon growing thru the winter or should I of let them stay dormant?

Cheers,
Tony
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

I had the same issue......I have kept mine groing and they are doing fine again.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Palmer

Post by Palmer »

Nice one Codfarther, hopefully growing them thru the winter will give them a good head start in the spring.
Have you been feeding them!
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

No.....they are very small.....I have them on a heat matt and just keeping the soil damp and misting with water.
AKA - Martin