Are you all still watering?

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: Are you all still watering?

Post by Dave Brown »

kata wrote:Stuff grows big on the Estaury Dave,

:lol: :lol:
That is my point on watering Kata, they grow as much during autumn (12 to 16C max) as in summer, and the bulk of the flowers are from September to the frosts. Brugs need massive amounts of feed and waterto get them big, but as we have a short season, they deserve it. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Tom2006 »

Still watering here as mild and dry. I only stop when it cools down properly. Looking at next week it could be 20C+ widely and dry for most of the week.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

I had to spend a good couple of hours watering early this morning. Everything was perilously dry and a hip-high Impatiens auricoma x bicaudata hybrid was on the verge of collapse. Good job I caught it before the sun came out otherwise it would have gone over too far.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

The pots and ground are really dry here at the moment, even as I sit here now and its just started spitting slightly its not giving anything a decent water. The back bed on my garden is all wilting :shock:

Just been out on the bike and there was a lot of dusty trail action - this late in September I don't normally see that icon_scratch
Rachelpalm

Post by Rachelpalm »

Hello
my ground is now damp all the time so I have only been watering recently planted Carex Evergold which like being damp and everything else I am watering is in pots. I normally stop watering pots end Oct .

Cheers
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

cordyman wrote: Just been out on the bike and there was a lot of dusty trail action - this late in September I don't normally see that icon_scratch
The trails up here are wet and muddy, as bad as they get in winter to be honest :(

They dried out well in April, but that was the only dry spell for the year.
Rachelpalm

Post by Rachelpalm »

Hello
I am watering my palms in pots 2 times a week and bananas and tree fern every other day now. And watering my wooden planters when soil feels dry, once a week or 2 times a week. My garden does not get much sun now due to time of year so pots do not need watering as often. My tree fern looks ok being watered every other day now. Healthy etc

I do regulary mist my tree fern. Just went outside and felt my banana plants and they were still damp from yesterday,
Last edited by Rachelpalm on Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Watering to summer extent again now, but with 3 hours less daylight in the evening. Torchlight watering big time. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright