Best screening material?

shanks

Re: Best screening material?

Post by shanks »

[media][/media]
i used reed when i had my koi pond, looked good all year round and lasted many years
a neighnour had brushwood and it was decimated within a year
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Delboy wrote:That looks nice Deedee icon_thumleft
Cheers Delboy icon_thumleft
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

I used to erect fencing for a living and can assure you willow is the most durable. icon_thumright If you like the look? icon_salut
phatplants

Post by phatplants »

Popped into wilkinsons after work, they didn't have any willow screening, but did have 'black fern' screening. Has anybody tried this or had experience of this?
Dim

Post by Dim »

maybe I'm old fashioned, but I hate those screening thingys ....

plant a few evergreen creepers against the wall ....
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

phatplants wrote:Popped into wilkinsons after work, they didn't have any willow screening, but did have 'black fern' screening. Has anybody tried this or had experience of this?
It must be new this year phatplants, I havent seen it. You have to be quick at wilkinsons, the screening comes in very early spring and thats it, no more but they do phone around other stores for you to see how many rolls they have and put it away untill you can pick it up icon_thumleft
phatplants

Post by phatplants »

Thanks deedee icon_thumleft just found a website called Primrose, with some excellent deals on 4 metre lengths of screening, with free delivery. Quite like the look of the Acacia screening. Just under £20 a pack plus free next day delivery for the size i require :D
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Excellent, I love Primrose, I got a 2.5 x 2mtr Awning for £82 off Ebay, Everything they sell is Free delivery .. Ill go look at your Screening :mrgreen:
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Looks like mine icon_thumright

Wish I could afford this :P Black Bamboo..

phatplants

Post by phatplants »

Yep that's the one, thanks for posting the link icon_thumright i haven't worked out how to do that yet, so think i'd better look in the technical area icon_scratch their goods seem to be excellent value, and their ratings on amazon are excellent. :D
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Right click on a pic, Left Click save image as, A dropdown box appears lefthand corner of screen, Left click the blue box at bottom, "Save" and thats it, into your download folder :) Hope this wasn't clear as mud lol..

Im really happy with Primrose. I was bidding on an Awning and had a look at there other stuff, there was a water feature going for about £9 with 6 mins left, I bidded £9.20 and won, went back to my awning bid then back to the water feature and looked to see what i had actually won!! Its a 6ft 3 tubed silver water feature with no pump or lights lol. Never mind it was free postage :D
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Put it amonst your plants Dee, somewhere it will catch the light. It will make a very modern feature/

;)
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Put it amonst your plants Dee, somewhere it will catch the light. It will make a very modern feature/

;)
I was thinking about doing that Gogs, or in a hole in the decking where my Cordy died 2 years ago.. Its still in the box, i didnt even have a look at it! I want to get it out now :mrgreen:

This is it..http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6ft-Advanced- ... 3a704d62bb

Last edited by Deedee on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

A Garden Centre near me sells those, they ask about £100 for them with the pump and lights but you can get a pump for a tenner and lights for a fiver so I'd say you've got a great deal there.

I often think that it makes no difference to how they look wheteher the water is running or not, I like them just as a striking piece of modernist art amongst the greenery. I think they look good set against some large rocks at the base too.

;)
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Ive looked on ebay Gogs, £295.95 :ahhh!: ive changed the pic, just incase you think your going mad.. I was wondering if we could buy the lights, i know the pumps not a problem, Ill look into that i think, Cheers icon_thumleft