From VIRTUAL to REALITY (BLOG)

dino

Re: The Task Ahead - Garden BLOG

Post by dino »

Kyle if that was mine I'd have thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Good luck with it mate. Oh, if you need a hand with any ground clearing don't call me :lol:
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

when i saw the 'messy' pictures i was going to say he had loads of great materials to work with - big logs and stumps for a fernery, loads of stones for rockeries etc..

then i saw what he had planned and just kept stum :lol:
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Mr List wrote:when i saw the 'messy' pictures i was going to say he had loads of great materials to work with - big logs and stumps for a fernery, loads of stones for rockeries etc..

then i saw what he had planned and just kept stum :lol:
You're absolutely right Mr List. There are tonnes of useable materials. The 3D movies are the design for the upper section of the garden which is approximately 1/3 of the overall land. I've broken down the area into 3 zones. The top being a highly controlled, contemporary look.

There are plans, very vague at the moment, to use the farthest zone for exactly what you suggest; a fernery, a stumpery, and borders for shady woodland exotics; a place where the giants can romp away to their hearts content. The immediate plan is to fill it full of compost heaps of various materials. As the soil up top is heavy clay, there's an urgent need for plenty of leaf mould and composted bark.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

wow, how many arces have you got?
rburrena

Post by rburrena »

This is in a different league to anything I have even dreamed of garden-wise. I will enjoy watching it come together. Thanks for sharing this. :)
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

rburrena wrote:This is in a different league to anything I have even dreamed of garden-wise. I will enjoy watching it come together. Thanks for sharing this. :)
You're welcome... I hope to inspire!
tony

Post by tony »

As someone who uses a supposedly sophisticated cad package everyday that cost approx £4k ( planit professional by 20 20 ind ) I am blown away by your graphics. This looks way beyond what articad and the like can produce, very impressive. I think 25k might be on the conservative side for you very impressive and ambitious design even if you do all the work yourself but I wont tell your wife if you don't :lol:
Can't wait to see you update your progress!
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

tony wrote:As someone who uses a supposedly sophisticated cad package everyday that cost approx £4k ( planit professional by 20 20 ind ) I am blown away by your graphics. This looks way beyond what articad and the like can produce, very impressive. I think 25k might be on the conservative side for you very impressive and ambitious design even if you do all the work yourself but I wont tell your wife if you don't :lol:
Can't wait to see you update your progress!
Thanks very much Tony. That means a lot, especially from someone in the industry. Hey, if you ever need to outsource to freelancers I'm always available. Had a terrible time getting much work with the state of the ecomony.
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

Kyle wrote:Here are a couple of CG animations showing the garden design. Available in full 1080HD for those who care for such things.

Can I bring the fishing rod. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

WOW!!! That is one amazing project. Whats your budget?
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

REALITY CHECK! - LOOKING BACK TO 2008

With plenty of the virtual stuff now available for viewing, I'm thinking it would be good to wind back a little and show some of the graft that has already gone into trying to bring the tropics to Huddersfield. Starting with the plans for reference, here are images of how the garden looked shortly after we moved in.

Whilst the Mrs was very happy with the garden at the time, I knew it wouldn't be long before I'd be making changes. I'm very lucky that she is such an agreeable and understanding person. "It will all be worth it in the end! x"

Nothing much happened on the garden front during 2008. All of the free time was spent sorting out the house internally. It did however, give me time to stand back, ponder the potential, and start planning ideas.
Attachments
ZONE 1 PLANS.jpg
Looking back 2008.1.JPG
Looking back 2008.2.JPG
Looking back 2008.3.JPG
Looking back 2008.4.JPG
Looking back 2008.5.JPG
Looking back 2008.6.JPG
Looking back 2008.7.JPG
Looking back 2008.8.jpg
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

REALITY CHECK! - LOOKING BACK TO 2009

February saw the worse snowfall in 20 years in our part of the country. I was in the midst of conceiving a garden full of lush tropical foliage, gushing waterfalls and singing birds. Looking out of the windows made me question my sanity. There's no way this was ever going to happen...
Attachments
Looking back 2009.1.jpg
Looking back 2009.2.JPG
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

REALITY CHECK! - LOOKING BACK TO 2009 - CONTINUED

Summer 2009 was the first time anything physically happened outside. Starting with clearing away plenty of vegetation. No going back now....

I was the firestarter that year - the twisted firestarter! - and I was not at all popular with neighbours! It got to the point where I'd put together a special burning themed music compilation and play it in advance like the call to prayer. The message was quickly understood and the washing lines were freed up in an instant.
Attachments
Looking back 2009.3.JPG
Looking back 2009.4.JPG
Looking back 2009.5.JPG
Looking back 2009.6.JPG
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

REALITY CHECK! - LOOKING BACK TO 2010

New year 2010 and the snow hit hard for the second year running. No sooner had one covering of snow vanished, another one came along to take it's place.
Attachments
Looking back 2010.01.JPG
Looking back 2010.02.JPG
Looking back 2010.03.JPG
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

PREVIOUS GARDEN PICS - FIRST ATTEMPT AT A TROPICAL GARDEN
Attachments
Last Garden 01.jpg
Last Garden 02.jpg
Last Garden 03.jpg