From VIRTUAL to REALITY (BLOG)

Kyle

From VIRTUAL to REALITY (BLOG)

Post by Kyle »

Hi all. As I'm just starting with the creation of my garden, I thought it would be good to chart it's progress in a BLOG.

The garden is currently in need of a little TLC! Here are the first batch of images to get some idea of the task that lies ahead. It is going to be a long hard slog, but I'm looking forward to every minute of it.
Attachments
BLOG 0.01.jpg
BLOG 0.02.jpg
BLOG 0.03.jpg
BLOG 0.04.jpg
BLOG 0.05.jpg
BLOG 0.06.jpg
BLOG 0.07.jpg
BLOG 0.08.jpg
BLOG 0.09.jpg
BLOG 0.10.jpg
Last edited by Kyle on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Simba

Re: The Task Ahead - Garden BLOG

Post by Simba »

Kyle wrote:The garden is currently in need of a little TLC!...
Jesus, you ain't kidding... :lol:

A lot of graft ahead Kyle, but what an amazing transformation it will eventually be..... icon_thumleft
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Crikey Kyle! You have got lot of work to do! I will watch this with interest.
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Rather you than me............ :lol:
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Here are a couple of CG animations showing the garden design. Available in full 1080HD for those who care for such things.

Simba

Post by Simba »

WOW...!!!

What incredible graphics, if thats what Huddersfield is like, I wanna live there.... icon_thumleft
SueW

Post by SueW »

Eeeek! Best of luck with that, Kyle! I can see fantastic possibilities with it though and a slope always makes a garden even more interesting.

Maybe I should start a blog for my garden progress too; I have two blogs on other subjects so I enjoy the blog process. I could call it 'The Teeny Tiny Tropical Garden'! LOL!

I shall certainly be watching yours!
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

:shock: Cant't decide if you are mad or genius :lol: It looks completely stunning, who would have thought Huddersfield would be a tourist destination, keep my seat at the bar warm.

You must have a humongus budget and a good team of builders I assume for such ambitious plans. The house looks like it will be significantly changed as well as the garden. My former garden was a blank canvas of half an acre on a slope, all I can say is its takes time, lots of it to mature but mostly pots of cash, the hard landscaping gobbles up tens of thousands of pounds so plan very carefully.

Good luck, it truly is amazing, it will be exciting for us all to see your vision come to life :D
shanks

Post by shanks »

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if it gets anywhere near the video it will be stunning if not long process, the pond looks great, i miss my koi pond :? look forward to this progressing
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

You are very talented at your job....the vidoe is class and the detail is unreal with the birds, fish etc......do you make films ?.

As for the garden......if you can achive somthing close then hat off to you........have you given yourself a time scale and budget /

Also, it looks as the house is getting a full revamp too ?.

I hope your dreams come true.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Trudytropics wrote::shock: Cant't decide if you are mad or genius :lol: It looks completely stunning, who would have thought Huddersfield would be a tourist destination, keep my seat at the bar warm.

You must have a humongus budget and a good team of builders I assume for such ambitious plans. The house looks like it will be significantly changed as well as the garden. My former garden was a blank canvas of half an acre on a slope, all I can say is its takes time, lots of it to mature but mostly pots of cash, the hard landscaping gobbles up tens of thousands of pounds so plan very carefully.

Good luck, it truly is amazing, it will be exciting for us all to see your vision come to life :D
I'm mad as an hatter Trudy! And I'm planning on doing all the work myself just to prove the case!

The great thing about doing it virtually is that it allows me break all the hard landscaping down into the component parts. Every detail was modelled based on real-life components and I have a file (4-inch thick) full of construction plans. I'll post a couple later to give an idea.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

The Codfather wrote:You are very talented at your job....the vidoe is class and the detail is unreal with the birds, fish etc......do you make films ?.

As for the garden......if you can achive somthing close then hat off to you........have you given yourself a time scale and budget /

Also, it looks as the house is getting a full revamp too ?.

I hope your dreams come true.
Thanks for the compliments. I make videos for architectural developments, or at least I do when the economy is in good shape. It's been slow of late and freed up the time to concentrate on the garden design. I'm hoping to move into doing this for others as my main work and produced these vids to show what kind of quality the finished product will be.

Got a budget of 20-25k for the hard landscaping (doing work myself so no labour) and I'm building up a collection of plants for the future.
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

icon_thumright
AKA - Martin

pdid

Post by pdid »

Good luck with this, I can`t view the vids as i`m at work but will look later.

You have set yourself a monumental challenge just from looking at the pics. Do you have a timescale?
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

pdid wrote:Good luck with this, I can`t view the vids as i`m at work but will look later.

You have set yourself a monumental challenge just from looking at the pics. Do you have a timescale?
Just a rough timescale at the moment as it'll be developing alongside the house. Got to iron out a few planning issues, as access is a nightmare and I'd ideally like to get a digger in to clear up the mess.