T Rex growth

Sarah

Re: T Rex growth

Post by Sarah »

Melissa, that's fab 8) If mine ends up looking half as good as the first pic, I'll be a very happy girlie :D

Hi Paul and welcome :D Anytime you feel like posting pics, please do :P
lesinge2k wrote:(it is tetrapanax papyrifera isn't it?)
Paul
Don't forget the T Rex bit - Tet. pap. T Rex :D
Libby

Post by Libby »

I'm a funny person, I actually like Melissa's second pic best :? If mine grows into the first pic, I'm not sure it would be worth it in my garden, as its so small!
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Libby wrote:I'm a funny person, I actually like Melissa's second pic best :? If mine grows into the first pic, I'm not sure it would be worth it in my garden, as its so small!
Not funny at all Libby, if we all preferred the same things, it wouldn't be so exciting :D I love the 2nd pic too, but mine's gone past that stage, and if the wind doesn't get it and he grows up to be a big boy, maybe, just maybe .... :D
Melissa

Post by Melissa »

Libby, Sarah, the first pic shows what it looks like now, but once it gets going it will look more like the second pic :D

The main stems give the height, but then there are smaller plants growing in front of them, so it makes it look like it's all in leaf :D

Melissa
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Uh oh, perhaps I need to re-think my underplanting :lol:
lesinge2k

Post by lesinge2k »

Sarah wrote:
lesinge2k wrote:(it is tetrapanax papyrifera isn't it?)
Paul
Don't forget the T Rex bit - Tet. pap. T Rex :D
I've seen Tet. pap. Rex, but not Tet. pap. T Rex
:shock:
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Hi lesinge2k, T Rex is just a shortened way of saying Tetrapanax papyrifera 'Rex' 8) A bit of play of words too, as it has massive leaves it's likened to T-rex the dinosaur :><:
lesinge2k

Post by lesinge2k »

Excellent.

Any ideas on the spread on the T Rex? Need to ensure it will fit into a spot in the garden. :><:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Paul, when you say spread do you mean the width of the plant or the spread of the pups :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Sarah »

And the daft thing is I know what the plant is called :roll: Not sure which planet I was on sorry :oops:

Largest leaf at its widest point last year was 47" (and I've checked and double checked what I've typed!)
Andy J

Post by Andy J »

Mark at Todds Botanics has em for about £10 i think. When i was there a few weeks ago he had loads. Not particularly big plants but growing well with a good root system. And yes i did buy one!
lesinge2k

Post by lesinge2k »

Dave Brown wrote:Paul, when you say spread do you mean the width of the plant or the spread of the pups :lol:
width of the plant...

This Todds Bonatics:

http://www.toddsbotanics.co.uk/
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Thats the one, if you can get to any of the meets later in the year there may well be a few pups about. Ill probably have one or two if the things grow!