Post by Trudytropics »

:lol: :lol:
Troppoz

Re: Ste's blog

Post by Troppoz »

GoggleboxUK wrote:Geordie Girls are legendary Sean, have a look at this:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... -snap.html

;)
Legendary is an interesting turn of phrase Goggs :wink: Down here we would just call them Shazzas :lol:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Their mums do that for them here.

:lol:
Ste

Post by Ste »

Well its that time to shoot off again......... After a mad weekend (still feeling rough now) Went to V festival. Never been to one before in my life as I thought it wouldn't be my sort of thing but it was the best weekend ive had - ever!!! Just madness from Thursday night right through to Monday morning.
Well I feel like I could do with a nice little break away so nipping across to Thailand at 5 in the morning icon_cheers I say a break but it will be the usual........... bars and nightclubs everyday/night for the next 23 days. Oh well, I've worked 12 hour shifts non-stop for the last 21 weeks so I reckon I deserve it. Just gutted that I've missed out in the garden all summer this year.
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Have a good time Ste :wink: , hope your garden is being well looked after icon_thumleft
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Good on you mate, enjoy!

;)
Ste

Post by Ste »

I phoned the palm centre on Monday and ordered myself a new butia capitata. After winter 2010 killed my last one, I've been desperate for another. It had to be delivered by pallet on Tuesday which I'm gutted about as its been sat in the delivery place 5 minutes away from me since Tuesday but was scheduled to be delivered to me today. It got delivered this morning at 07:10 (10 minutes after I left for work :ahhh!: ) do I've been desperate to get home all day. It seems a nice size but its still wrapped up. I'm leaving it wrapped up until I get it in place tomorrow as its much easier to move.
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Did you get a monster Ste? Bargain price?
Ste

Post by Ste »

Not a monster but seems a nice size. The biggies were £995 and the next size down was £250 - that's the size I got. Then it was an extra £60 for delivery but I understand why, it's big and heavy. Just on my phone at the min and can't seem to upload a pic so I'll do it later when I get on my laptop.
Ste

Post by Ste »

This is the only pic i've got for now as im leaving it wrapped up until tomorrow so its easier to move and lift into position. The picture doesn't really do it justice............. I'ts actually much bigger and fatter when close up but I had to stand back to get it all in so it does look smaller than it actually is. Anyway, i'm happy with it and i've not even seen it yet :roll:
Attachments
new butia.jpg
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Quality!

;)
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Nice buy. :D
Ste

Post by Ste »

Just cant wait till tomorrow to get it lifted round the back, lifted into the bigger 'sunken' pot then I can unwrap it and get a proper look at it. It does seem a good size for the money. I thought £250 was cheap for a palm that size.
I'm confident it's a good quality palm too as all the other palms i've had from the palm centre have done really well. The first 2 I bought off them were the jubea and brahea armata and that was back in December 2010 and they both stopped outside all winter un-protected and are still doing well now. December 2010 was that really bad winter aswell. Thats the winter that killed my last big butia and my big washy :evil:
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

I really want to put my butia in the ground but there's a land drain underneath where it is now so I will have to have a reshuffle next year and see if I can find somewhere for it.

If my 2 Cordys don't survive this winter then I'll replace them with a couple of Butias that size next year. Wish I'd gone that route now having seen yours Ste, that's a beauty even with the wrapper on.
Julia

Post by Julia »

Nice :D
I like the look of butia's, so that's another to add to my wish list :)