What i got at Nigels and other bits

andyb

What i got at Nigels and other bits

Post by andyb »

Went to see Nigel this morning to get the Trachycarpus iv'e been waiting for, had a chat and a look round - he has some very nice palms and i could easily have come away with more than the 3 i did ( i only went for one :lol: )
Anyway i know you lot always want the pics so here are some of the palms i got plus some other random shots of my other plants, hope you like

BTW ignore all the mess/work in progress
Attachments
Trachycarpus fortunei 2.JPG
Trachycarpus fortunei 3.JPG
Brahea armata 2.JPG
Chamaerops humilis 1.JPG
Cyathea Cooperii.JPG
summerhouse 2.JPG
ventricosum planted 1.JPG
ventricosum planted 2.JPG
GoggleboxUK

Re: What i got at Nigels and other bits

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Very nice! Bargains I tust?

;)
andyb

Post by andyb »

Cheers , yep good price icon_salut
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

Very, very nice andy, palms make the garden, I think icon_thumright Love your TFs to. My favourites..
andyb

Post by andyb »

Thanks Deedee, Nigel had some monsters for reasonable prices but i restrained meself for the time being anyway :lol:

OOPS just realised you meant tree ferns not Trachys :oops: or did you :?
tropical Tom

Post by tropical Tom »

Nice palms Andy, what size is your Trachycarpus? I've just took delivery of some of Nigels 20-30cm ones, very good value icon_thumleft
andyb

Post by andyb »

tropical Tom wrote:Nice palms Andy, what size is your Trachycarpus? I've just took delivery of some of Nigels 20-30cm ones, very good value icon_thumleft
Thanks Tom its trunk is 60 - 80 and yes good value, it helps that i collected so saving transport costs
Dim

Post by Dim »

I will be in touch with Nigel shortly .... I am seeing a client on saturday for a total landscape (new build) .... I have already been given the job, and just need to measure and see which side get more sun etc

it's a small garden, and all there is at present is lawn, ... he wants a jungle effect, but wants large plants (he prefers to pay a bit extra for 'taller' plants).... he does not want pretty flowers and prefers foilage (my kind of job!)
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Very nice Andy, great plants you got there icon_thumleft , can't wait to see more of your garden, it looks lovely from what can be seen.
greendragon

Post by greendragon »

Where did you get that Brahea Armata. :o
andyb

Post by andyb »

Trudy, thanks, i plan to get more pics up asap and when i move stuff or plant new stuff.
I inherited a very overgrown garden when we moved here a few years ago but most of my time has been spent on the house which was also very neglected, but should have more time from this year icon_cheers

Green, that was from Nigel also, to be honest i was only going for the Trachycarpus but when Nigel showed it to me and gave me a good price i couldn't say no ( could easily have come away with a lot more)
I expect i'll find myself over there a few more times yet :lol:
kata

Post by kata »

Lovely additions to your garden Andy!

icon_cheers icon_cheers
outatime1978

Post by outatime1978 »

very nice mate icon_thumright
tropical Tom

Post by tropical Tom »

andyb wrote:Trudy, thanks, i plan to get more pics up asap and when i move stuff or plant new stuff.
I inherited a very overgrown garden when we moved here a few years ago but most of my time has been spent on the house which was also very neglected, but should have more time from this year icon_cheers

Green, that was from Nigel also, to be honest i was only going for the Trachycarpus but when Nigel showed it to me and gave me a good price i couldn't say no ( could easily have come away with a lot more)
I expect i'll find myself over there a few more times yet :lol:
Hows about we all move to Bristol :lol: :lol: :lol:
CW01

Post by CW01 »

Nice palms Andy does Nigel have a web site?