Red Ensettes in stock yet, B and Q, Homebase where you are?

Panama Pete

Red Ensettes in stock yet, B and Q, Homebase where you are?

Post by Panama Pete »

I used to be able to these cheap from a local market, but not anymore. Has any of the stores got them in yet? I think they were in stock last year at a tenner each at b and q and around this time!
Any signs of them yet?

pete
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Re: Red Ensettes in stock yet, B and Q, Homebase where you a

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

not yet.
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

None in my B&Q yet. They did have a few in there last year. I bought one right at the end of the season half price. Bargain!!
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

Im on the prowl again this week. Found a website where you can buy 50 plugs for just over £50 pound but a little late now! There £12.99 in the garden centre, near me and the Range normally have them for £5.99 but none to mention as yet.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

I beginning to wonder if a big wholesaler who has supplied these in years gone by has gone bust? You can get them on Ebay but they aren't cheap. I am going to try and culture my own.

That 50 plugs a tray place (if its the same one I looked at a few weeks ago) needs you to commit to ordering about ten trays at a time!
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Got them in my local B&Q icon_thumleft
derrick

Post by derrick »

Dont no about B and Q they have them in all 3 Range shops near me also some Cannas Abutilon Daturas
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

What are the prices B and Q the Range this Year guys?
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

None seen anywhere :shock: Not even expensive GC's :ahhh!:
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

Ive been to Derby and Nottingham today all the B and Q extras, not a Ensette in sight? You sure there stocked yet?
They did have nice grape vines at B and Q (red grape @ £20 each which had a good trunk to them, if you can call it atrunk.

Cheers Pete
Dim

Post by Dim »

went to B&Q today to get a few odds and sods ... was after a few musa or similar but was hoping for a red ensette

never saw anything that interested me ... also looked at homebase

then I had to go to the city to deposit a few cheques into the bank ... had a walk around our local flea market which has a few plant/flower stalls ... spotted 2 healthy musa basjoo ... asked for the price and were £3 each, so snapped them up ...

the seller says she is there daily, and her husband grows unsual plants in his greenhouse ... asked for a few coleus, and she said that they will be available in 2 weeks time ... also asked for cannas, and she said that her husband has a fe growing, but he is not sure if they are virused

rest of her plants were just normal perrenials

here is a pic of one of the musa for £3 ... the other one is of similar size ...

I think that I will be visiting her stall on a more frequent basis

derrick

Post by derrick »

In Range 8 pound i think last year i got them cheap at the end of the year only seen Maurelii this year no Green Ensetes yet .All B and Q seem a little different with plants
Al

Post by Al »

nothing in my local b&q or homebase.
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

Look good plants Dim, and a bargain. B and Q have all the Agave's which is stange, as you think they would be at the same time. Please let us know when/if they surface soon icon_salut
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Dim wrote:never saw anything that interested me ... also looked at homebase
Worth a look in http://www.scotsdalegardencentre.co.uk/ if you don't know it Dim? Trumpington side of Cambridge.