Deans garden blog

Tom2006

Re: Deans garden blog

Post by Tom2006 »

B19bst wrote:Sorry not updated this as when winter came I started work in the house doing a new bathroom and toilet .

Looks horrible outside at the mo but will start in the next few months with pics.

Thanks springy for the pond. I did 10 inch bolts counter sunk by 2 inches into each part of the timbers. They are 1foot across . So in each part of timber there is around 8-10 counter sunk bolts . Also the timber is 8 by 3 s so there pretty sturdy. So far so good. Got 5 carp in there now and all doing well.
Please get some pictures up. It will look ten times better than my garden easily and would love to see the pond up and running.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
B19bst

Post by B19bst »

Right well I have been sorting a bit out in the garden over the weekend and evenings where I can and its no way near ready for all the plants to come out as I would have too move then again to decking stain.

Here are some pics so far.

As you can see I have just got to do the top on the pond and a small timber plinth then stain then the pond is done.

We have started that's the main thing... Haha.
Tom and Shell

Post by Tom and Shell »

Nice one Dean icon_thumleft
B19bst

Post by B19bst »

Right well all my plants have been bought over from mum and dads as we just don't have the space to winterise all of them. So all the ensete's, monti's are back as well as my cycad's, yucca's etc.

So here are some pics taken this morning of them all planted out and growing fast.

This has gone a big yellow. It's been fertilised and since been outside the fonds have lifted. Just hope it goes dark green again.

Pond is now complete with all the top and all stained .

Here are my musa giersonni's which I have grown from seeds last year.

Hope you enjoy. Will post more as the time goes on with more progress.
Deedee

Post by Deedee »

:shock: wow, what can i say but a big fat wow, amazing garden Dean, Love your Pool and plants and your new Pond icon_thumright Just Wow..
tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon »

Great garden Dean icon_salut The finished pond looks superb........
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

Very nice indeed! Great place to relax.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Looking to be a great tropical chillout garden. I would be worried about the big blurry skin blob though. :lol:
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Looks really, really good...a real place to sit out and relax!!....Its something I would like in my garden, as much as I absolutely love gardening, I don't have a place to really sit down and chill. I have been eyeing up a hot tub as a place near me does interest free, free delivery etc etc.

Really like your pond as well, very unusual shape, but fits in perfectly.
B19bst

Post by B19bst »

Yorkshire Chris- lol I have been to the doctors but nothing they can do. Just has too grow out... Haha

Thanks guys and girls for our kind comments. Considering I only started in the garden around 2 and a half years ago its come along way and left me skint. Haha. As I know it's never complete, there are more things to do in the coming weeks.

More lights
Black fence
Mirrors
Pool loungers

Would love more plants ESP a cloud olive tree and a mature butia but just have no where too put it and also no money due to getting married in September . Haha. It's counting the pennies
B19bst

Post by B19bst »

Tom2006- see I bought the pool for my daughter mainly. She uses it but me and the mrs don't that much, she would prefer a hot tub. The only one I would get is a swim spa which is a hot tub with a small pool as well. All combined and big. And also a good part of 20 grand. Haha.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

B19bst wrote:Tom2006- see I bought the pool for my daughter mainly. She uses it but me and the mrs don't that much, she would prefer a hot tub. The only one I would get is a swim spa which is a hot tub with a small pool as well. All combined and big. And also a good part of 20 grand. Haha.
They sound great!!!...just the small issue of the lotto win. :lol:
dorothy

Post by dorothy »

Wow! Garden looks really great. It looks very tropical.. Reminds me of my holidays lounging round the pool icon_thumleft
B19bst

Post by B19bst »

Well a little update which now includes the front. Had to do it as I am getting married in September the the better half is leaving in a horse and carriage so I wanted the video and pictures to look lovely with some tropical feel. Lol

Here are some pics of the front

flounder

Post by flounder »

Congratulations/commiserations for September icon_thumleft
Tell your missus to be ready with the bucket and spade when the horse and cart...I mean carriage turns up :wink:
Looking good out front icon_thumleft