What's your favourite Variegated plant.

Mark

Post by Mark »

Steve its Etlingera Elatior / Torch ginger.

All mine perished in the great parrafin heater mystery a few years back.

UJ is a bit of a trek for me for just one plant so I will keep my eyes open for other outlets.

Unless steve wants to cycle over and get a couple of pots 8)
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

The torch ginger in the photo was in Boracay Island. The minimum temperature in 'winter' there is +18C so totally tropical :lol:

Here's another special mention. I've only taken the photo today so it's not in it's prime though.

Bought it from Wilkinsons two years ago, it was among houseplants so we assumed it's not hardy and used it as summer bedding. Surprisingly it keeps coming back :D It was just labelled as Zantedeschia so I don't know what kind. I've never seen it flower though but the clump bulks up gradually.

EandE

Re: What's your favourite Variegated plant.

Post by EandE »

Palmer wrote:Here's two of mine, well they have to be there the only two i have, Musa Basjoo and Beschorneria Yuccoides.

Tony
Hi Tony,

where did you get the variegated beschorneria from?
Palmer

Post by Palmer »

Hi Ewen,i was doing some work for a B&Q suplier,so i took advantage to have a walk around they had 100's of bessy's i struck lucky :D
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Heres one of my favs, I cant find a recent pic so heres one from 2005, Its Rhapis excelsa variegata, even slower than the green Lady palms but very nice still. This one is a fair bit bigger now, Ill have to get a new pic taken.

Mark

Post by Mark »

Have a look through these. I love the Tiger Fern.
http://search.ebay.com/variegated-plant ... 40QQfrtsZ0
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I quite like the xanthasoma myself,shame it in Thailand.
helen

Post by helen »

I've got one of these which I quite like....

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Is that a fig Helen?
Palmer

Post by Palmer »

Helen, do you think the figs will be variegated, very nice.
helen

Post by helen »

Yes, and definitely! :)
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Nice plant, youre sort of into variegation Helen arent you, hows the CID doing? I wanted that :cry: .
I have a variegated lemon thats quite ordinary really but its the variegated fruits that make it special.
helen

Post by helen »

Adrian wrote:youre sort of into variegation Helen arent you
How did you guess! :)
hows the CID doing? I wanted that :cry:
Phoenix canariensis_CIDP? Still pushing out new fronds, which are variegated. It hasn't yet pushed out another frond that has large patches of variegation, but most of it has fine streaks of variegation. It really needs a repot, but not this year.
I have a variegated lemon thats quite ordinary really but its the variegated fruits that make it special.
Yes, those are nice, aren't they. There are other figs, far more easily available than mine, that have variegated fruit, but none on the plants themselves.
kentgardener

Post by kentgardener »

Hi All

thought I had better post rather than lurk.

My favourite variegated plants are my clivias.

John

Variegated Clivias

Another view of Variegated Clivias
Last edited by kentgardener on Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Can we have an updated CIPD shot Helen?

Am i correctly remembering you have a varigated Cheeseplant too?

Gaz
Last edited by Gaz on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.