Aloe Arborescens

kata

Aloe Arborescens

Post by kata »

A hot color... icon_cheers

Cultivation

Aloe arborescens is valued by gardeners for its architectural qualities, its succulent green leaves, large vibrantly-colored flowers, and winter blooming. The sweet nectar attracts birds, butterflies and bees. As it requires heat in winter, in temperate regions it is grown under glass. The variety A. arborescens 'Variegata' has gained the Royal Horticultural Society's Award of Garden Merit.

This aloe is easily propagated by cuttings.
aloearborescens.jpg
icon_cheers
dino

Re: Aloe Arborescens

Post by dino »

Have you got one then Kata?
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

A. arborescens 'Variegata' is the one to go for,can be quite stunning in the foliage department whereas the plain green ones tend to just look like bog standard aloes.as with a lot of plants,they look miles better in flower
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
JoelR

Post by JoelR »

Got my hands on a few variegated aloes a the BCSS National Show the other week. Swaps in the carpark were nearly as good as the plants sales thanks to ChrisG. I don't think it's any where near hardy Kata although Aloe mutabilis which some regard a form of A. arborescens is supposed to be slightly hardier. I gave up trying to find plants and grew my own from seed. Haven't tried them outdoors yet.