2012 album

Adrian

Re: 2012 album

Post by Adrian »

Thanks for the nice comments folks, Im surprised that you have sat through that many pics, I really must get that number down :lol:

My garden always was Mediterranean inspired but is now becoming a sort of Med cottage garden if there is such a thing.
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Wow.......does most of that lot stay out ?

I can only wish of a garden like that.......the cold does not faze me....it the soil\ground for me it wet and heavy.....I would rather have it over dry and have to water\mulch more.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
nige pook

Post by nige pook »

Hi Ade,I can only repeat whats already been said,WOW and thoroughly inspiring! :D One day I WILL have my OWN garden again,not just a rented one and it will be great to 'release' the majority of my plants from the pots in which they are held prisoners!!! Fab pics and thankyou for your help,advice and plants of course. Nige and Jacob
Jo A P

Post by Jo A P »

Thanks for your replies. I'll definitely look out for that orange Brug and perhaps a deep pink one too. My OH will kill me, but there you go. I think I'll try my Abutilon outside for the winter. I love the Agave area as well, inspired me to create my own. The skull is a nice touch too! Beats gnomes any day!
flounder

Post by flounder »

Adrian wrote:Thanks for the nice comments folks, Im surprised that you have sat through that many pics, I really must get that number down :lol:

My garden always was Mediterranean inspired but is now becoming a sort of Med cottage garden if there is such a thing.
It does look good Ade. We take a lot of inspiration from your garden to what can be achieved. Its that good it even makes that old dinghy of yours look like the 'african queen' :wink:
gabriel

Post by gabriel »

Fantastic garden!!!!
Addictedtopalms26

Post by Addictedtopalms26 »

Definitely echo Jo A P's comment, your brug's are amazing!

Also I love the way your trachycarpus sits in the middle of your garden, really nice focal point. icon_thumleft
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

I love this garden, so much to see, so well kept.....amazing.
I was just wondering how old it is roughly, it looks very mature. The palms are really nice, especially the stripped Trachycarpus. This was something i didnt previously like, but yours looks great, and makes the palm look different.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

A stonking set of photos. Very enjoyable time looking through them.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Delboy wrote: I was just wondering how old it is roughly,
I moved here in 1996, I had a couple of potted palms for a few years in my previous garden, they were planted I think about '98 and the back garden really started to take its present shape about 2000, the front garden was started in 2003.
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Adrian wrote:
Delboy wrote: I was just wondering how old it is roughly,
I moved here in 1996, I had a couple of potted palms for a few years in my previous garden, they were planted I think about '98 and the back garden really started to take its present shape about 2000, the front garden was started in 2003.
Thanks adrian. I only planted my palms early last year, quite small ones as i believe in the long run they will be better.
Biggest i have was one of georges big ones, so not huge but a nice looking palm and very healthy.
I was curious as to what sort of growth i could expect over the next 10 years, hopefully winters will be kind and summers will improve and i can end up with some impressive palms like yours.

I was a bit concerned as im in the midlands but there are some nice big Trachycarpus's in and around worcester so fingers crossed mine will thrive.

You garden is definately up there with my favourites, i just showed yours pics to the wife and she loved it, couldnt believe it was in the uk.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

You are doing it right Del, get the hardy palms in small and they will become much better palms for it.
You can fill a garden or give it a mature look by growing the easy fast stuff such as Bananas, Ricinus, Tetrapanax etc while the palms are settling in.
Take pictures now and compare them with pics in 5 years time and you'll be impressed, you wont believe them in 10 years.
ash101uk

Post by ash101uk »

Such a good garden. Enjoyed the photos. Looking forward to seeing it Thursday.