Hello... can anyone see us

Libby

Post by Libby »

Dave Brown wrote: He's in a house this year, as opposed to Halls last year, and wanted to take more of his things down. We took his bike and essentials in the first trip 3 weeks ago. He came back to fit the new router :roll: but took all sorts of things back, including My daughter for a few days over half term. :lol:
My daughters the same, from halls to house this year, got a call from her this 'am' asking if I can pick her up tomorrow, most unlike her, as she usually gets the train down! But sadly things (people) haven't worked well in the house and she has struggled to settle this year, but give her, her due, she's hanging in there!!!
I hate to say it but I think we are stuck with them for life :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Libby wrote:
Dave Brown wrote: He's in a house this year, as opposed to Halls last year, and wanted to take more of his things down. We took his bike and essentials in the first trip 3 weeks ago. He came back to fit the new router :roll: but took all sorts of things back, including My daughter for a few days over half term. :lol:
My daughters the same, from halls to house this year, got a call from her this 'am' asking if I can pick her up tomorrow, most unlike her, as she usually gets the train down! But sadly things (people) haven't worked well in the house and she has struggled to settle this year, but give her, her due, she's hanging in there!!!
I hate to say it but I think we are stuck with them for life :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Been back into London again to collect repaired Laptop. Got back at 20:20 reminds me of when I was an Engineer :evil: That is 3 times in 7 days. Tooooo much. :twisted:

Sorry to hear about K, are they all girls? I have heard that single gender can be a problem either, catty, or men behaving badly culture. Aido is in a 5 bed house 3 girls 2 blokes. daren't call them boys as he may read this, and I would never hear the end of it. The mixed gender seems to tone things down a little on both sides. They were not bestest mates but all got on really well with each other. All seems well so far. Coming from halls with shared area that someone else clears up, to shared areas where 'no-one' clears up can be a strain, but part of the learning curve. :wink: Hope it works out for K.

Aido has already set up a server,using our old, pensioned off, PII 450MHz desktop, state of the art a decade ago, with shared music and automatic backups for all the house mates. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Libby »

Yep they are all girls, but one has 'SCS' (Single Child Syndrome) as the rest of them have called it, very selfish, exceptionally lazy, blatent liar and always, but always has an excuse for why she can't do something.
They also have builders in next door and they are obviously working either side of day jobs , so start very early every weekend and work very late every other day.
Bearing in mind where we live

just to the left of the white houses in the middle of the pic. Very isolated and peaceful.
She has found the continual noise very difficult to live with!!
We got back about 1pm and she has been down the garden helping me!! :lol: :lol:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Libby,

There is always one isn't there :roll:

That might explain your early frosts. You look like you are exotic gardening in a frost hollow in the heart of the countryside. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Mark »

Libby are they cows in the field to the left of the white house or mole hills :lol:

And what is that large blackbird you have captured flying over them ????
Libby

Post by Libby »

Its not a large blackbird its a crow we have lots round here!
The black things in the fields are black wrapped silage. The white dots in the field to the left of the crow and below the big farm, are sheep!!!

Dave I'm not sure we are in a frost pocket, the prevailing winds are south westerly, the hill I'm stood on wraps round from ESE to SSW. I actually have quite a good micro climate, but when it gets cold as there are so few buildings/rural/etc.etc then frost we get! Is that what you mean about being in a frost pocket????
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

At the bottom of a hill and it looks like there is a small hill or rise the other side. This means that cold air drains off the hills and acculmulates. You will be ok if there is somewhere lower for it to drain away to, but if at the bottom it just gets colder, and colder.

I must go. I have a presentation to finish tonight, or I can't have a my holiday :roll: but I'll be back on later. 8)
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Libby »

Ah ha! well in that case it may be true cos, when I used to do the school run we would be in glorious sunshine I would leave my house go off to the left and rise into thick fog!!!!!! Other times its the other way round, leave in really thick fog and then rise into glorious sunshine!!!
I do love where I live, it would be even better if it was'nt for the 'natives' very feudal, round here! They all have connections to the villages going back to the year dot! Reckon they own it, if not they fence it in and take it over :roll:
The irronic (sp) thing is since we moved here my husband researched his family tree and his 6XGGrandfather used to live a mile away so we probably have more right to be here than them :roll: