Tropicalwon Blog--24May, remembering 2012

tropicalwon

Re: Tropicalwon Blog--19 May, Willy the Wisteria...

Post by tropicalwon »

kata wrote:Thanks Gray, It was a superb offer indeed Jan made me, I was thinking they may send me a small rose not a new standard.

So, what are you up to?

icon_cheers icon_cheers
Should be a standard rose Kata, as it's a replacement....

I've started to plant out a border in the front garden, a day ago, but this has been halted due to this chilly weather today and also forecast for tomorrow. So I'll wait until Sunday when it's meant to be warmer???
Border as it stands now.....
Border as it stands now.....
Front long border.jpg (49.51 KiB) Viewed 945 times
Plants to be planted are Cannas, Ricinus, Echium, Arctotis, Amaranthus, Paulownia (which were all grown from seed ) and Colocasia

Planted so far are; Clump of Bamboo, divided from a larger clump as posted earlier in my blog. Beschorneria yuccoides which i had growing in a nice ovate green glazed pot that i realized :oops: if the root ball got any bigger it would be impossible to take out without smashing the pot (wife's favorite pot, so i daren't). Musa basjoo, Variegated Arundo donax and some bedding Begonias ( Chilli chocolate mix) which have a chocolate brown leaves which are slightly glossy.

The plants already established in the border are Aucuba,Flowering cherry, Lavender, Penstemon, copper sedge grass and the last surviving Echium which i planted out last year which is romping away now....

So with any luck it will look jungly by the end of August...........or not!
kata

Post by kata »

Sounds a lot of work :lol:

A very nice selection of plants.

It is cold though to say next week is June. I went to Sainsburys and wish I had'nt, even though I got the bus it was a freezing wind, its calmer now.

I did a visit to Homebase and quite a few of their tall plants were on the floor... :roll: Keeping my eyes on an Acer in the window (its been there for three weeks) for when its reduced... :lol: Its a big tall Bloodgood.

Next door neighbour has two Acers, I have told her they don't like wind such as comes up these drives, the Acers are still out but one is crisp.. :(

Take care at the weekend Gray...hope it warms up.

:mrgreen:
tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon »

I just nipped to Tescos....It's ruddy cold outside, just put the heating on.. I just want to make sure, is it May or January??? :lol:

Shame about your neighbours Acer Kata & hope you get a bargain on the one your eyeing up :)
kata

Post by kata »

I did tell you Gray, it was like winter here today,

Last year I watched an Acer in the same window, not as tall I got it from £15.00 down to a fiver... :lol:

Have a great night Gray i'm off to zzzzzzzzzzzzzz :lol:

icon_cheers icon_cheers
tropicalwon

Post by tropicalwon »

Cold , wet & windy today....... icon_thumbdown No work & no gardening at home....roll on Sunday when it's meant to be dry & warm.....

One really good thing this weekend or maybe not, depending how you look at it, I might be a Grandad this weekend icon_scratch
tropicalwon

Re: Tropicalwon Blog--24 May, remembering 2012

Post by tropicalwon »

2012 Collage....
2012 collage
2012 collage
kata

Re: Tropicalwon Blog--24May, remembering 2012

Post by kata »

Very good Gray!!

What are the pink and white danglers?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: