Tropical holidays

Gaz

Tropical holidays

Post by Gaz »

Having just got back from Madrid - ok not really a tropical location, but it was warm and they had palm trees (all it takes for me to feel tropical) we are thinking about the next place. Maderia seems to be mentioned quite often, but i always had the impression of the place as being full of oap's, and whilst i'm not having a moan about that, is there much to see and do - other than the fantastic gardens?

Where have people been, and where can you recomend? - without jetting half way round the world.
Mark

Post by Mark »

A Malibu and pineapple turns me all tropical.

I have always wanted to go to Maderia but my wife says there's no beaches on the island....So we go to the bahamas and I say lets go to the beach today and she will say......Nah I hate the beach the sand gets everywhere :?

I think one of the nearest places we found (didn't go ) was the gambia . It looks very tropical and only a five hour flight. The only draw back was all the jabs you have to get.

I would love to go to Thailand but that flight would kill me. 9 hrs from Bahamas was bad enough
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I can highly recommend NZ,but the flights a real killer.
On the plus side you could allways have a few stop overs here and there.Each time we've gone we've pretty much flown direct,but next time we're thinking of Aus or Fiji or ........
the list is endless really.If only those blooming numbers'd come up :lol:
Steve
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

yeah if only they came up!!, we had a big holiday to the Philippines a couple of years back which was great, starting to think about another bigger trip somewhere, but in the meantime want a holiday not too far away nor too expensive, going to go in February.

Gaz
Palmer

Post by Palmer »

Well if it was up to me it would be the Hengduan Mountains south western China 8) the richest temperate region in the World, but if its up to the wife it will be the Canaries again. :lol:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Back from Portsmouth now :roll:

The numbers are less likely to come up than the chances of the Earth being hit by an asteroid :lol:
Save the Lotto money in a tin and eventually you will be able to afford to go.

Madiera is the place for flowers and plants, but I have not been as I don't travel alone, my family comes with me, or did, until Uni got involved. It would appear great if your main interest is plants, but it is not renowned for beaches, sunshine, and nightlife. As far as for OAPs they would have to be fairly fit as it seems everywhere is up or down hill. I would love to go and see the gardens and plants, but not for a holiday.

WE, yes including wife, have discussed Gambia as a tropical place to go, with the shortest flights. Just haven't got around to it yet :roll:

Basically a holiday for me is a change of lifestyle. No telephones, laptops, emails.... etc. Just go to relax and chill out in warmth 8)

The place to go tro collect a wide range of seeds is Tenerife. Lanzarote is too sparse. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Libby »

We nearly went here for our honeymoon!? But in fact never had one :cry: as hubbys family came over from South Africa. :? We have always said we would go one year and still plan to. but where I'm leading to is............ we planned to do it in 2 parts, Madeira for 1 week and somewhere like say Porto Santo for the other, then you get the best of both worlds :lol: