It came and its up!!

Libby

It came and its up!!

Post by Libby »

2pm Saturday afternoon the glazing rubber/foamy stuff arrived.
So we started Sunday morning after a hearty breakfast at 9.45am!!!!!! We had to scrape off all the old rubber, stick on the new stuff, glazed the bottom when oh no we suddenly realised we hadn't slide the roof windows in! Well it is a number of years since we've done this and it came with no instructions :roll: so undid the apex bar and alot of the uprights (quite dangerous with all the base glass in) slide in the windows do it all up again and then continue re-glazing.
I can't show you a pic just yet as it was too dark we finished at 8pm and we still have the doors to put on!
Fortunately it was a glorious day and we both caught the sun, had our lunch outside, supplied by youngest daughter!!!
Hubby is no DIYer but bless his cotton socks he was as determined as I was to get the damn thing up!!
Not sure I'll do it again in a rush!!!!
:lol:
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Well done Libby,

At least you can get your plants in now. Will the big Brug fit?

I have conducted an unplanned experiment over the weekend, subjecting all sorts of tender plants to a ground frost :roll: Forecast was 4C here we got 1.4C and frost on the lawn and decking. I'm quite surprised at how the plants have responded. No time to tell all now will post again this evening hopefully.

The laptop failure screwed up my work schedule last week, so I have had to cancel my holiday this week, to meet deadlines. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Mark »

Well done Libby now you can fill it all up and sit back and order all the plants you want to put in it next year. How are you heating it ?
Libby

Post by Libby »

have ordered a frost free fan heater as recommended by everyone here! Just had to drag youngest out of bed to get her to give me a hand to put the doors on!!!
Libby

Post by Libby »

Just so you can see

and even better the doors.........

they

meet, how cool is that!! well actually it won't be cool will it, should keep it all toasty warm!!!!!!

Right all that needs to be done now is clean the glass, get the bubble wrap up etc. etc. etc :lol:
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Looks like you've got room to swing a cat in there 8)
All you need now are plenty of bananas to fill it :lol:
Take care
Steve
Mark

Post by Mark »

Go and get your self a cup of tea first. You must be knackered :lol:
Libby

Post by Libby »

Makes the 6 x 6 look really small :lol: :lol: quite thrilled really, but as you said Mark totally cream crackered!!! Got to drive to Worcester tomorrow!!!!! So trying to chill but theres too much to be done!!!!
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Wish our greenhouse was that big :mrgreen: ours is 6x8 and it's well packed. Took us a few weekends to get it fully sorted
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

I've got an 18 x 10 conservatory, a 10 x 10 covered courtyard, but no space, and running out of time, everything needs to be inside soon :shock:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright