Gardeners World 2013

Springy

Gardeners World 2013

Post by Springy »

Did anyone see Gardeners world last night? It looks like Joe swift might be doing a "tropical garden" planting design sometime over the next few weeks. This week he did cottage garden design ideas but they did show a tropical garden as well for a future programme. Blink and you might have missed it though!

Does the garden shown belong to anyone from here?!! icon_profileleft
bordersboy

Re: Gardeners world 2013

Post by bordersboy »

God what a dull programme(again) . Half an hour of mood shots,very little useful info,and joe swift gets to advertise his London focused design business again. Yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnn.
A Beachgrove Garden watcher myself and hopefully one day a diverse entertaining gardening show will appear that caters for tropical/water gardening fans icon_thumleft
MikeC

Post by MikeC »

Anyone in the media ever thought of putting together a gardening programme about interesting and unusual gardens?

Tropical, Desert, Japanese, Water, Rain Forest, Rock, Alpine, Beach etc, etc

BBC programmes are soooooo dull and unadventerous.
stevieboy1

Post by stevieboy1 »

Funny i was just doing google to see if there are any tropical plant gardening programes or dvds etc but couldnt find anything.
I think that would be a great idea for a future program somthing based on all these difrent types of gardening. with growing tips and how 2's Id be a keen watcher thats for sure. icon_thumleft icon_thumleft

The time has come to have a gardening program with a twist rather than the usual cottage garden stuff. :roll: :lol:

Regards
Steve icon_thumleft
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Any gardening programme is good with me. icon_thumleft There will never be a TV programme dedicated to the more exotic or exclusive gardening tastes as those of us with these tastes are relatively few and far between in this country.

I missed GW last night so have set it to record on Sun AM, so appreciate this post.

I personally like M o nty's style and his garden. Not to my own tastes but a great garden all the same. He grows what will grow in his conditions, which is very wise, its only us madmen/women who stress ourselves out growing stuff that should and often does die. :roll: :lol:
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

I watched the programme but was totally unimpressed. Other than the path there was no guidance given. Then there was a guy enthusing about how good a a border looked because all the shrubs had hints of red in them. If I moved into a place with those in the border, they be out and on the skip within a week. For me the 1/2 hour would be far better spent researching on the web :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by Springy »

I agree that it's a pretty boring programme on the whole. It's not very informative on any level really. I think it was much more interesting when Toby was presenting it. It catered for beginners and more advanced Gardeners. I like most types of gardening but I choose to grow exotic/jungle/tropical etc but give me 10x the size of garden that I have now and I'd grow a bit of everything!

I just saw the bit on more tropical planting coming up in a future programme and thought people might be interested to see it. It looks a nice garden too!
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

It was/is a good call Springy. Always lots of GW bashing on here. :lol:
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

Springy wrote:Did anyone see Gardeners world last night? It looks like Joe swift might be doing a "tropical garden" planting design sometime over the next few weeks. This week he did cottage garden design ideas but they did show a tropical garden as well for a future programme. Blink and you might have missed it though!

Does the garden shown belong to anyone from here?!! icon_profileleft
Just caught up with Sky. 'Montbeliardii' mentioned that 'contempory' garden design will be next week. There were a few shots of a tropical garden scheme with Musa etc.
Springy

Post by Springy »

Right then, Gardeners world is doing a bit on tropicals tonight! I haven't seen it myself so I don't know if it will be good or not. If it isn't please don't shoot the messenger!! :wink: :lol:
Trudytropics

Post by Trudytropics »

Springy wrote:Right then, Gardeners world is doing a bit on tropicals tonight! I haven't seen it myself so I don't know if it will be good or not. If it isn't please don't shoot the messenger!! :wink: :lol:
icon_thumright Thanks springy, it will defo be better than watching footy.
Tom and Shell

Post by Tom and Shell »

Just seen the garden Joe Swift has been in on GW, wow, really nice looking selection of plants does it belong to anyone on here? :D :D
Steph

Post by Steph »

It was a nice garden to see, a breath of fresh air on GW but Joe Swift was quite naïve in saying mostly hardy, year round interest....
Most of our garden are pretty bare looking at the moment.
Springy

Post by Springy »

It certainly got my juices flowing for what is to come later in the year!

I didn't learn anything from it tonight but it was a refreshing sight! icon_sunny
Tom and Shell

Post by Tom and Shell »

lucky i got to watch it at all! just finished watching and lost all signal on Sky, just had to go outside and blast all the snow and slush from our sky dish! lovely thing to be having to do of an evening icon_rambo icon_rambo icon_rambo