Fatshedera can i take cuttings

derrick

Fatshedera can i take cuttings

Post by derrick »

Not tried it will it work ?
Delboy

Re: Fatshedera can i take cuttings

Post by Delboy »

Yep tried last year and both have taken. I Just took a cutting like I do with fatsia.
derrick

Post by derrick »

Thats good then i can spread some about it grows fast .I got the basic green type im looking for one of the variegated types ?
derrick

Post by derrick »

I took some from my Aucuba japonica they grow easy
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

So how do you take a cutting? There is a good Fatshedera near me with large leaves that is crying out for me to take a cutting.

I have never had luck with Aucuba cuttings either. They seem to stay green for months then the leave go black and the whole thing just very slowly die.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

sure it is a fetshedera and not just a big ivy?
derrick

Post by derrick »

Its Fatshideria lizeria i think list its not ivy fence killer
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

I have never had luck with cuttings but would like any tips and tricks anyone has..bout the only thing I can get to root from cuttings is cacti and wondering jew. Id like to take some cuttings of my fatsia later in the years so any pointers are welcome.
jungle jas

Post by jungle jas »

What type of cuttings are successful? Hard wood, soft wood, nodal, internodal or heal? Something else. icon_scratch icon_thumright
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

miketropic wrote:I have never had luck with cuttings but would like any tips and tricks anyone has
Do you have these Gel Rooting packs in the USA? I find they make cuttings much more liekly to succeed. I use them for anything which is important to me to get to root (expesnive / very little material / etc.)

http://www.nugel.co.uk/gel2root-rooting-gel
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

Mr List wrote:sure it is a fetshedera and not just a big ivy?
I am sure my local one is Fatshedera and not a large Ivy...I already have cuttings of those from the same park, besides it has a black sign saying it is Fatshedera lizei.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

Kristen wrote:
miketropic wrote:I have never had luck with cuttings but would like any tips and tricks anyone has
Do you have these Gel Rooting packs in the USA? I find they make cuttings much more liekly to succeed. I use them for anything which is important to me to get to root (expesnive / very little material / etc.)

http://www.nugel.co.uk/gel2root-rooting-gel

those look awesome but I have never seen them in the states. we do have rooting gel you can dip them in but I have never seen the gel cubes like that. really would like to try them though they look like they work great.
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

Blairs wrote:
Mr List wrote:sure it is a fetshedera and not just a big ivy?
I am sure my local one is Fatshedera and not a large Ivy...I already have cuttings of those from the same park, besides it has a black sign saying it is Fatshedera lizei.
if it has a sign it sounds like you shouldn't be taking cuttings without permission.
derrick

Post by derrick »

We all done the cutting thing Brugmansia Abutilon some succuents and dont forget the council thats why we pay council tax cheers
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

Im mostly a seed swiper since I have little luck with cuttings...let me get that technique down and i'll have pocket shears every where I go