Gunnera

derrick

Gunnera

Post by derrick »

My Gunnera on the move looks like two new leaves how quick do they grow it in a old cold water tank ?
Tom2006

Re: Gunnera

Post by Tom2006 »

They grow very quickly IF you give them loads of moisture.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
derrick

Post by derrick »

I got it last year i hope to see some good size this year this and Trex start to grow early
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

I finally got a gunnera and it has put on 2 leaves so far nice size..about as big as my hand..hopeing for something really nice this summer.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

Ny gunnera is putting out a few new leaves to.
Blairs

Post by Blairs »

derrick wrote:My Gunnera on the move looks like two new leaves how quick do they grow it in a old cold water tank ?
with sun and water they should grow quickly. I grew mine from seed. 1st year was 6 leaves that grew up to 30cm or so. Second year got 6-7 leaves and 1 metre this year it has been in a coldframe and trying to break out. Leaves look serrated this year, either something ate it when small or the frost nipped it?
daz

Post by daz »

my beasts are just starting to move 8) :D I hope for massive plants this year.
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

My Gunneras have grown a few inch in the last few days.
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

daz wrote:my beasts are just starting to move 8) :D I hope for massive plants this year.
Daz, are these the ones that you were worried about earlier on in the year which you thought you might lose?

Here, they're only just showing signs of movement.

Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.
daz

Post by daz »

DiCasS wrote:
daz wrote:my beasts are just starting to move 8) :D I hope for massive plants this year.
Daz, are these the ones that you were worried about earlier on in the year which you thought you might lose?

Here, they're only just showing signs of movement.

Di
Hi yes im very happy they are all looking really good right now.Lets hope for some whopping leaves this year icon_salut
Stevo

Post by Stevo »

I've just chopped mine in half. It's been in the garden for around 5 years and it was taking over!

Hoping to keep it within a 4 foot diameter this year instead of the 8-9 feet it was previously taking.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

this is the best I can do over here in the states and it took me almost a year to find this one... bout to plant it out next week and hope for the best.