Desperate for real rain

Dave Brown
Site Admin

Re: Desperate for real rain

Post by Dave Brown »

The plastic palms are ordered :wink: can't afford astro turf though, so will have to gravel the lawn.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by fieldfest »

cordyman wrote:Apart from those on a meter, if it's dry get the hose out every night lol
I'm on a meter (granted not as expensive as Daves region) and I go out and water the bamboos and nanas every 2-3 days and the rest maybe once a week

granted my garden is smaller than most and I dont have extensive collections of plants that need lots of water
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Thankfully I'm not on a meter so can water to my hearts content, but it is amusing that some are actually moaning about how dry it has been, do you remember last year?! lol :lol: Seems some people just like to moan icon_thumright
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Nathan wrote:Thankfully I'm not on a meter so can water to my hearts content, but it is amusing that some are actually moaning about how dry it has been, do you remember last year?! lol :lol: Seems some people just like to moan icon_thumright
Agreed..........bring on the icon_sunny for me.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

Imho it can never be too dry lol

Give me 3 months of summer dry and ill snap your hand off.
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

cordyman wrote:Imho it can never be too dry lol

Give me 3 months of summer dry and ill snap your hand off.
+1 icon_sunny
having a lovely summer tops the condition of the garden every time
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

The weather is currently very chilly here and the ground is relatively wet from some rain events we had recently so not much problem, although due to the cool nature of things, not much growth is going on in the main part of the garden in the last week or so
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

TAKE ALL THIS RAIN BACK TO THE UK! it just wont stop and the forcast says another 6 or 7 days of it..we have flood warnings up..sorry I opened my mouth :lol:
flounder

Post by flounder »

As I stated with some certainty, as soon as I went on a water meter the rain would cease to come. :(
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

What a superb day and evening!! It almost feels warmer now as our house warms up thanks to the south facing heating the bricks during the day! Still 15C as I type. Suppose to be hotter tomorrow, shame I'm working all weekend. :evil:
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.