Bamboo ID?

cordyman

Bamboo ID?

Post by cordyman »

Around the time I planted this i'd bought, Nitida Great Wall, Asian wonder (scabrida), and Murielae, although there was another purchase I cant recall :lol: icon_scratch

Any ideas which one it is? It have a super lush rich green colour, which in certain lights almost pops out at you, very vivid.

Blairs

Re: Bamboo ID?

Post by Blairs »

It looks like Asian wonder - at least the ones I have.
Neil Ziemski

Post by Neil Ziemski »

I think it looks too leafy at the bottom and too short to be Asian wonder, also the sheaths don't look red enough.
I'm usually good with bamboo but aren't sure.
Best guess is a type of murielae, as there are a few different types, BImbo maybe.
You will soon tell if its Nitidia as the culms don't produce the leaves till their second year.
Neil
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

It looks like a Murieliae Vampire to me.
Neil Ziemski

Post by Neil Ziemski »

Yeah, could be a vampire, good call.
I would like to see a mature one of these, they are leafy and the culms arch over with the weight of the leafs like a yushania, but they are far less invasive than these.
Anyone got one ?
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

Yes Me. Lol. I`ll post a pic of mine Tomorrow if i get the time.
Neil Ziemski

Post by Neil Ziemski »

Andy P wrote:Yes Me. Lol. I`ll post a pic of mine Tomorrow if i get the time.
Excellent
Cheers
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

Pics of my Murielae Vampire.
Attachments
2013-06-28 18.03.20.jpg
2013-06-28 18.01.19.jpg
2013-06-28 18.01.28.jpg
2013-06-28 18.02.03.jpg
Neil Ziemski

Post by Neil Ziemski »

Thanks
Yeah it looks worth having. I might add one to my collection
Are u planning to plant it, how old is it?
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

I`ve had it for about 2 years or so now. Can`t remember where i bought it from but it was only about half a dozen culms about 12inches high when i got it. I`m not really planning to plant it out at the moment as i have quite a lot of Boo in the ground already and i quite like being able to move it. I`ll be building some decking at some point so i`ll probably place it on there, but in a larger pot.