A rather nice Washingtonia species

Rob S

Re: A rather nice Washingtonia species

Post by Rob S »

Yorkshire Kris wrote:Thank you Barry on EPS for letting me share this image of what could be the biggest washy in England?

That is indeed a great plant however it has a long way to go to compete for size with Peter Jenkins Washingtonia in Ashford, Middlesex which i believe IS the largest in mainland UK unless anyone knows differently!
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

The only claim I have is, mine it totally DIY. I collected the seed, germinated, grew on, and planted out :lol:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by cordyman »

WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN, CANNOT BE UNSEEN :shock: :shock: :shock: Cracker that thanks for posting Kris
Rob S

Post by Rob S »

Dave Brown wrote:The only claim I have is, mine it totally DIY. I collected the seed, germinated, grew on, and planted out :lol:

And yours is still one of the largest in the UK Dave, a rare plant at that size!
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Rob S wrote:
Dave Brown wrote:The only claim I have is, mine it totally DIY. I collected the seed, germinated, grew on, and planted out :lol:

And yours is still one of the largest in the UK Dave, a rare plant at that size!

Inspiring to us all. icon_salut
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

Barry has a nice one as well. Hopefully mine will be that size in some years as well, but then it need too stop growing. :lol: