2*c and 3*c on 3rd and 4th November !

sanatic1234

Re: 2*c and 3*c on Sunday and Monday!

Post by sanatic1234 »

dorothy wrote:I have not touched anything yet but the plan is to dig everything up at the weekend, as long as the rain holds off.
You are not too far from me Dorothy and I have sunshine all weekend, So you should be seeing some to. :)
Mowgley

Post by Mowgley »

Hopefully the sun will shine here too, many cannas to dig up but the ground it sodden
DaveP

Post by DaveP »

Nothing lower that 7C forecast for here and then it rises again. Warm group Brugs are getting the chop this weekend and being down-potted before going into winter store. Cold group Brugs will be shifted to sheltered spots in the garden for the winter where they will carry on flowering. I don't think anything else needs special attention although I might give overhead cover to one or two young palms that are possibly still a bit too soft.
Arlon Tishmarsh

Post by Arlon Tishmarsh »

DaveP wrote:Nothing lower that 7C forecast
Ditto
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

My garden is dug up before we got the wet weather. Got some new experiments going off for overwintering.
Yorkshire Kris
Location: Rural South Wakefield, Yorkshire Lat 53.64 Long-1.54

Post by Yorkshire Kris »

Panama Pete wrote:My garden is dug up before we got the wet weather. Got some new experiments going off for overwintering.

I like experiments. icon_salut
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

hmmmmm its changed to 3*c and 4*c now each night, and its chucking it down again, don't fancy glooping around the garden in mud so may wait till next week to wrap stuff.
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

wo' betide the person who takes 5 day forecasts literally. You should never do so as they are rarely accurate, they're just a guide. Looking at 5 day forecasts probably results in more frost damage to plants than not looking at any forecast at all.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

stephenprudence wrote:wo' betide the person who takes 5 day forecasts literally. You should never do so as they are rarely accurate, they're just a guide. Looking at 5 day forecasts probably results in more frost damage to plants than not looking at any forecast at all.
Once I start seeing 0's forcast and minus i'll really panic, but as it stands i'm not too worried by the 5 day now. Going to go another week then reassess
Kristen

Post by Kristen »

Ours has gone from 3C to 4C tonight, but I'm going to fleece because I think there is a risk of ground frost ... we got a touch last time they forecast 4C a week ago :( and, FWIW :lol:, the 14 day forecast has a min of +5C so might as well enjoy everything a bit longer.
cordyman

Post by cordyman »

1.8 in the end, ground frost, put fleece on a few bits, others like musa basjoo ill but a little lower and straw cage now.
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

DaveP, which brugs are cold hardy please? And how much cold can they put up with?
I thought they all had to be brought inside for the winter.
Half Hardy

Post by Half Hardy »

Still looking ok here icon_thumleft tonights max. is 14*c http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640194

Ensete maurelii,canna and all musa are still in the ground. icon_sunny
RozDevon

Post by RozDevon »

It's 10c here at 2300 so lucky so far with temps.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

projected -2c here tonight :x