Visit to Brazil

Nigel

Visit to Brazil

Post by Nigel »

I visited the site of Butia sp florianopolis when I was in Brazil. Took some new pics as I lost my others.
Of all the Butias i have visited in various habitats, this for me is still the most beautiful and commercial of all of them.
Attachments
106_8297.JPG
106_8298.JPG
106_8300.JPG
Nigel

Re: Visit to Brazil

Post by Nigel »

I also visited Albertos garden in the mountains. He has stunning Parajubaeas and Parajubaea hybrids.
Attachments
Butiaxparajubaea
Butiaxparajubaea
arenga englerii
arenga englerii
Trachycarpus latisectus
Trachycarpus latisectus
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

More
Attachments
Parajubaea torallyi
Parajubaea torallyi
Jubutyagrus
Jubutyagrus
ButiaxParajubaea
ButiaxParajubaea
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

More
Attachments
More Butia x parajubaeas
More Butia x parajubaeas
Allagoptera arenaria untouched at -5C
Allagoptera arenaria untouched at -5C
Allagoptera campestris the native Allagoptera
Allagoptera campestris the native Allagoptera
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Visit to the trout farm, catch your own dinner, and they cook it how you want. my favourite place.
Attachments
Mid summer and cold mountain water
Mid summer and cold mountain water
Fed into the trout pens
Fed into the trout pens
My host with an english trout
My host with an english trout
True paradise.
True paradise.
Springy

Post by Springy »

Nigel wrote:I also visited Albertos garden in the mountains. He has stunning Parajubaeas and Parajubaea hybrids.
Great pictures Nigel! I think I'll have to put some of those hybrids on my wish list too! icon_study
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

Awesome palms Nigel!

Are the conditions there as good as it gets for them?
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

Stunning nigel just stunning! was you any were near the amazon at all? That is one of my dream destinations to go to. :)
otorongo

Post by otorongo »

sanatic1234 wrote:Stunning nigel just stunning! was you any were near the amazon at all? That is one of my dream destinations to go to. :)
I think Nigel was in the South, quite a long way away from the Amazon.

I've been to the Peruvian Amazon and that was the highest quality forest I've ever seen. The other rainforests like those of Chiapas (Mexico), Costa Rica or the Brazilian Atlantic forest don't even come close in thickness, wildness and diversity, although they're all excellent icon_thumleft
fern Rob

Post by fern Rob »

stunning palms :D
Mowgley

Post by Mowgley »

Nice icon_cheers
kata

Post by kata »

Butias are one of my favorite palms, those are awesome!!

Thanks for sharing Nig!

icon_cheers
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

You cant beat south america. We went to salvador and the coconut coast a few years back. It was stunning. Ill post some pics when i get chance.
Panama Pete

Post by Panama Pete »

You cant beat south america. We went to salvador and the coconut coast a few years back. It was stunning. Ill post some pics when i get chance.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

otorongo wrote:
sanatic1234 wrote:Stunning nigel just stunning! was you any were near the amazon at all? That is one of my dream destinations to go to. :)
I think Nigel was in the South, quite a long way away from the Amazon.

I've been to the Peruvian Amazon and that was the highest quality forest I've ever seen. The other rainforests like those of Chiapas (Mexico), Costa Rica or the Brazilian Atlantic forest don't even come close in thickness, wildness and diversity, although they're all excellent icon_thumleft
You are very lucky Otorongo, I think i have some kind of obsession with the amazon. It just fascinates me every documentary/picture/article i seen on it. I really hope one day in my life i get to go there. :-)