New purchases - very pleased

benbaron

New purchases - very pleased

Post by benbaron »

Hi all,
Just sharing my new purchases with you all ;)

Yucca Rostrata
A real nice 80cm trunk on this one - cant decide if Im going to trim the dead leaves or leave it...I like them both ways..

Yucca Filifera
Lethal spikes on this - will need to keep my kids away from it ;)

Dasylirion Longissimum
I was expecting a grass type feel but its more like cane, I'm very impressed by this and think it could well be my favorite....I suspect I will be on the look out for bigger soon....

Got to say how happy I am with them and at such a good price for them all (wont say how much in case Nigel wants to keep that under wraps).

Bought from Nigel at http://www.hardy-palms.co.uk - Excellent service and excellent advice and very good prices, thoroughly recommend.

Only thing is... Ive no idea how to keep these monsters!
sanatic1234

Re: New purchases - very pleased

Post by sanatic1234 »

Oh yes, very very nice benbaron! They are going to look fantastic in the garden, will you plant them in the spring or keep them potted? once again very nice plants. icon_thumleft
kata

Post by kata »

I love the last two..wow!!

Enjoy, I am certain you will Ben.

icon_sunny
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

sanatic1234 wrote:Oh yes, very very nice benbaron! They are going to look fantastic in the garden, will you plant them in the spring or keep them potted? once again very nice plants. icon_thumleft

Im thinking keep potted at least for a while - We are intending to move house this year (I have been saying this for a few years now...) so will prob just sink them with pots on, or do something to hide the pots...

Im also very happy with the last 2, I was thinking the rostrata would be my favorite but now Im not so sure :shock:
kata

Post by kata »

How much was the Yucca Filifera Ben, I went through to look at the £39.00 one at Nigels?

Just for size is what I really need.

Thanks!
:mrgreen:
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

I think it is too hard to decide which one would be a favourite as they are all stunning plants :-) Nigel comes out on top again. His plants are awesome. :D
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

kata wrote:How much was the Yucca Filifera Ben, I went through to look at the £39.00 one at Nigels?

Just for size is what I really need.

Thanks!

Its the 40cm trunk one, it actually is more impressive in real life :)
Give Nigel a shout he might do you a good deal like he did with me, obviously ordering more gives better discount (mention this forum also - he gives discount for members) icon_cheers
kata

Post by kata »

Oh wow thanks Ben,

I have wrote a note to Nigel about me buying one like your second Image Yucca in early march. I was going to buy the 30cm but may just go for the 40cm now.

I like these better than the Ferns now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again for your quick reply Ben.

Best find me a beautiful pot now.

Hoping to add this as well to my order.

Rhapidophylum hystrix
Worlds hardiest palm from south east USA. Perfectly hardy in most of the UK, looks best in damp shade.
Slow growing and beautiful with dangerous needle like spines emerging from the trunk
icon_cheers
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

I put a pre-order in yesterday with nigel to but not for the plants mentioned in the topic so i won't hi jack the topic. :wink:
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

kata wrote:Oh wow thanks Ben,

I have wrote a note to Nigel about me buying one like your second Image Yucca in early march. I was going to buy the 30cm but may just go for the 40cm now.

I like these better than the Ferns now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again for your quick reply Ben.

Best find me a beautiful pot now.

Hoping to add this as well to my order.

Rhapidophylum hystrix
Worlds hardiest palm from south east USA. Perfectly hardy in most of the UK, looks best in damp shade.
Slow growing and beautiful with dangerous needle like spines emerging from the trunk
icon_cheers
Im pretty sure you wont regret it - its a beaut!
benbaron

Post by benbaron »

sanatic1234 wrote:I put a pre-order in yesterday with nigel to but not for the plants mentioned in the topic so i won't hi jack the topic. :wink:
Hijack away - what are you getting????
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

I am getting another trachycarpus fortunei to add more back bone to the garden and a trachycarpus wagenarius.
kata

Post by kata »

How big a Trachi San?

I see the plant I will add to my order is a Needle Palm. Long needles as well.

This one is Googled.
needlepalm.jpg

How do we know how big 7 gallon would be? I will be buying Nigels just wondering about gallons.
Tom2006

Post by Tom2006 »

Very nice! The Rostrata is my favourite!
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
kata

Post by kata »

Just bought the above plant from Nigel,

Thanks Tom, I liked it all day.

:lol: :lol: