How much is your water bill?

kata

Re: How much is your water bill?

Post by kata »

Your hysterical, not laughing Tony, and no wonder...sheeitehawks those Utillities!!

Currently I am paying £25.00 a fortnight to finish off a few quid left over from last years...waiting on the bill for this year yet.

But Tony's bill, I am in shock.

:( :(
pdid

Post by pdid »

Turns out mine was more than I thought. I wouldn't mind but I know people who pay nothing for water.
Attachments
PicsArt_1394797871379.jpg
Delboy

Post by Delboy »

Bill came today, £22.30 a fortnight.
TonyJ

Post by TonyJ »

I am quite happy to swap bills with anyone thats posted so far. I had a word with a few chaps at work to confirm mine wasnt wrong....its not ! Dont get me started on Council Tax !! :cry:
Essexman

Post by Essexman »

This might be helpful in terms of comparing Rates to Metered use:

http://www.ccwater.org.uk/watermetercalculator/
kata

Post by kata »

Dreading it coming... :(
kracker

Post by kracker »

Quaterly about £90 but has doubled in the last 5 years
kata

Post by kata »

Water is God given,

We should only pay for the cleansing and channeling.

icon_cheers
eddie

Post by eddie »

just received the bill for last year

£126 (€ 152) for a year.....
Washingtonia Trachycarpus Cordyline? Bamboos Olive tree? Bananas
multim

Post by multim »

I still think mine is the cheapest at £120 per year. I gather and cut my own wood for heating, so wait for it, my gas bill for the last three months
arrived yesterday = £40. (heating the water and for cooking)
billdango

Post by billdango »

billdango wrote:I,m on a meter and my annual water bill is about £260.00 pounds a year so thats not to bad I think?

I will give a better update when I get this years bill next month.

billdango :D
My bill for 2014 is £21.50p a month.

billdango :D
JeffYoung

Post by JeffYoung »

I'm on a well, but every 5 years or so some of the machinery needs attention (pump, filter, or softener). There's often a grant scheme of one sort or another that pays for upgrades, but I'd still guess we're sinking something like €150/year into maintenance.

Add in salt for the softener (€50/year?) and electricity for it all (€50/year?) and I'm probably looking at on the order of €250/year.

A while back I traded an unused farm gate to a local dairy farmer for a stainless steel 3000 litre milk storage tank with a broken agitator. I disposed of the agitator/lid, made up a nice wooden lattice top, and diverted a down-pipe into it. Most of the garden water comes out of that.

I also have an old wine barrel under the greenhouse down-pipe, but if I take much water out of it the wood shrinks and it starts to leak, so that's been somewhat less successful.

Cheers,
Jeff.