Wilko Lawn feed

Johnlenham

Wilko Lawn feed

Post by Johnlenham »

Since I spent some of yesterday tidying up and repotting etc just wondered if anyone else used Wilkos Lawn feed as part of their plant feed?
I was told by Mikesrareplants at the rare plants fair in cornwall that he uses it on all his bananas and elephant ears as its dirt cheap and has a good NPK value for growth etc.

Hopefully having gone out and dug some into the soil around all the grasses/bannanas/colocasia it will have a positive effect.. as once I was done I suddenly thought oh christ what if it all goes horribly wrong :oops:
Just pulled back the mulch/bark layers around the bases and scattered a bunch of it in (its granular but much smaller than say miracle grow)

This is the stuff, as far as I could work out, if its not i better start worrying. How it differentiates from a healthy grown plant I want VS a weed Ive no idea.
https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-lawn- ... /p/0100848
Tom2006

Wilko Lawn feed

Post by Tom2006 »

The link you have put says it's got a weed and moss killing element. If it's not too late it's be skimming the areas where you've scattered it ASAP. I suspect it might kill or harm your plants.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Johnlenham

Wilko Lawn feed

Post by Johnlenham »

hmm, not ideal news. Wish I hadnt bothered now.. :cry:

Just ran out with my gloves and dug out and scraped as much as I possibly could and replaced as much mulch as I could on everything. Heres hoping I havent bloody killed everything.

For the longest time I was like "well it has weed killer as well but I mean this is the only granular feed for lawn they sell, it can be anything else?"
What possessed me to go out and use it at 9am THEN ask about it ill never know.

Gone out for a third time after the rains and drenched everything with tonnes of water in the hopes I can wash as much as possible out. Hope to god this has mitigated the damage as Ill be distraught if ive just killed 80% of all my plants
Tom2006

Wilko Lawn feed

Post by Tom2006 »

I'm no expert but hopefully you won't have caused any or much damage. We all make mistakes now and then it's part and parcel of gardening. Let us know how things get on.
Most wanted list - Any Young Trachycarpus and/or fern.
Johnlenham

Wilko Lawn feed

Post by Johnlenham »

Yeah fair point, i guess I'll find out over the next week or two. Hopefully by next Saturday I I'll still have some plants left 😶