Happy new year!

elge_onion

Happy new year!

Post by elge_onion »

A glorious sunny day here in N. Derbys. So much to do in the garden but im plagued with sciatica. Looks like we all have some real frosty weather coming. Did anyone get any super plant related pressies?
Mind like Poison Ivy.... body like Grotbags[i[/i]
grahamfx

Happy new year!

Post by grahamfx »

Happy New Year !! Not really a christmas present but bought myself a greenhouse just before christmas, been working on the site, starting assembly tomorrow, exciting !! Weather looks to continue mild here at least until the end of January ??
Chez2

Happy new year!

Post by Chez2 »

Happy New Year! Sorry to hear your sciatica is playing up Ele. We have had only two light frosts this season. We have the butia tucked up in its frame and have just wrapped another up in fleece like a mummy and covered with a fleece bag. The cycad has been given the same treatment and two other plants have been fleece bagged. The tunnel has two heaters in it, one gas, one electric fan. The gas bottle has been changed; almost bad timing but it has just run out.

I have had two or three books on succulents and some echiveria seeds. They were sown on Christmas day and several have germinated already! I bought Andrew a Dioscorea elephantipes, a caudiciform succulent but the vine is only young at the moment. Andrews mum put towards a misting system for the polytunnel.

Did you get anything plant related Ele?
chainsaw kid

Happy new year!

Post by chainsaw kid »

A bit belated but a happy new year to you all. Dam good frost here this morning, a good hat needed. icon_bigsmurf :lol:
Don't Just sit there, plant something!

The Kid.
Chez2

Happy new year!

Post by Chez2 »

Well what a lot of fuss about nothing! There wasn't even a frost at 10pm last night. At 7am this morning it was 3 degrees C here. The weather forecast this morning said some parts of Scotland had -10 last night; ouch!