Phoenix roebelenii in IKEA

col

Phoenix roebelenii in IKEA

Post by col »

Der Femme-Fuhrer, my wife, issued orders that we had to go to IKEA yesterday as some kind of cruel trade-off for taking in Tropical World. I shuffled a few feet behind her for the whole 8 miles (or so it seemed) of irksome student bedsit style furniture with comical Swedish names such as the 'Snot', the 'Zit', or the 'Herpes'.

However. Just before I fully decided to end it all by repeatedly trapping my head inside a 'Pimp' 4-drawer bedside unit, I spotted some nice Phoenix roebelenii for sale with big trunks. I didn't measure them, but they must be a metre high or so, including the pot. £29 a go. Heads-up, all ye HTUKers out there!

Col
collins99

Re: Phoenix roebelenii in IKEA

Post by collins99 »

I know exactly how you feel about IKEA , i hate the place . Walking around following the arrows for miles and miles looking at mostly crappe furniture made of cheep moulded plastic and in awful day glow colours . The only good thing about the IKEA trail is it always ends with the plants and cheep hot dogs :lol: :lol: :lol:

nick...
jezza

Post by jezza »

So far i've been spared the ikea treatment 8)
DavidF

Post by DavidF »

The only good thing about the IKEA trail is it always ends with the plants and cheep hot dogs
I know exactly what you mean there Nick. I have an Ikea trip planned (forced on me) in early May and if it wasn't for the hot dog at the end I wouldn't go!! lol!
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

I often check out the plant section (only) in Ikea because they sometimes have some interesting summer/filler plants. Last year I bought three or four nice Cycas Revoluta for about four quid each. At the time they had some nice Caryota Palms in, didn't get one though as nowhere to overwinter. Cheap Cacti and Aloes sometimes appear as well.

Might dive in this week to check the 'new' stock.

Steve

PS its rumoured that they sell furniture as well, but I haven't found that bit yet :D