coconut palms can grow in some places in the subtropics

Adrian

Re: coconut palms can grow in some places in the subtropics

Post by Adrian »

No Dave, crossing Butia with Cocos nucifera is being tried in America and a couple of lads on the EPS are trying with some shipped in pollen.
My guess is that it will turn out more like the Butia as does the Butia x Syagrus but you never know, itll never be like a true Cocos though.

Even if or when any seedlings do become available then they wont be for the Wilcos brigade, these babies will fetch some good money for sure.
themes

Post by themes »

I buy the odd plant from Wilkos, I guess that rules me out :?
Nick

Post by Nick »

I would think so Adrian, but what a palm they would be if they survive, what sort of price would you put on them mate :?: :?: :?: :?:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
ElTel

Post by ElTel »

i think nick and i are dreaming of those palm trees, eh nick? with the drinks and girls under them too :lol:
Nick

Post by Nick »

Yep but that's the only way to think of them, with lovely Ho-la Ho-la girls all with grass skirts and drinks icon_cheers icon_cheers icon_cheers that's the only way were will have one of them coco nut palms, unless someone nicks the ones off the Thompson add they are mine hands off you who wish to have coconut palms in there gardens
I am watching you all 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

icon_sunny icon_sunny
AndrewBird

Post by AndrewBird »

hula hula
Nick

Post by Nick »

Andy that's the one's there you go Terry, knock yourself out.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

icon_sunny icon_sunny
Exotic Life

Post by Exotic Life »

Hi,

About coconuts in Southern Spain, I read on the IPS a guy who has planted a coconut last spring. I hope to see some update's in the future, also he don't know if the palm going to survive.

Robbin