Ensete Maurelli

jezza

Re: Ensete Maurelli

Post by jezza »

just wanted to double check that's all. 8)
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Don't even think about watering Ensete if you are keeping them cold. You may lose the leaves if dry, but you stand far less chance of rot.

My small E Maurelii are in the frost free poly at a minimum of about 1C, and provided kept dry are fine. :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

same here Dave but mine are in the garage infron of the window at the same temps..........its soooo dry and lost ALL its leaves but there are there are nice looking small roller on each growing about 1mm a week. When is it a good time to start bringing them out of dormancy...? and what the best way to do it as I am sure its got to be done slowly.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
jezza

Post by jezza »

icon_thumright

It won't be that cold, being in the greenhouse it will be around 8 - 10c as it is now. i've kept it mostly dry this winter, only giving it maybe a watering can full since mid november to keep the soil from completely drying up. I was more concerned on how it will be after having most of the roots chopped off then potted back up again.

edit: Coddy, i started watering mine at the beginning of march last year, starting from once a week then gradually increasing it until the heat we had mid april by which time it was in full growth and watered daily.
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

I didn't remove any of my roots, i know that you can but i decided not too, but that was just my personal choice, but it has done it no harm as its still growing and looking very healthy too. :)
This is my most recent pic of it.
Attachments
over wintered ensete 1.jpg