up with the pup (tetrapanax)

bev

up with the pup (tetrapanax)

Post by bev »

dug this six footer out yesterday, it had a bit of a sulk after the pic was taken, but bounced back after a good soaking. this pup appeared last year, now to get the other two of similar sizes out :roll:
tetra-pup.jpg
anyone else getting growth like this?

cheers

lee
Cathy

Re: up with the pup (tetrapanax)

Post by Cathy »

You are doing well! I moved my T Rex, which was only about 3ft tall but with leaves much larger than in your pic', early this year. It has not grown well this summer. After having its leaves eaten away to skeletons, now it has recovered and is maybe 4 or 5 ft tall but with much smaller leaf size.
I have recently noticed a couple of pups sprouting up in the old site as well as one which I just chop off each time I 'strim' the grass that seems to have given up. I know they are prone to do this but so far it is controlable.
Essex Ross

Post by Essex Ross »

you've got a siamese cat, it looks rather cute. icon_thumright
bev

Post by bev »

hi cathy, the pic doesn't properly show the scale of it. i had to remove some lower bigger leaves to be able to get in to dig it out. it had been growing under the shade of the big one, but the petioles were reaching up for light, hence the leggy look. the main link root from the mother plant was almost an inch thick.

ross, i've got 2 of the little blighters (balinese) :wink: wouldn't be without them though!

cheers

lee