Weatherman swears on National TV

derrick

Re: Weatherman swears on National TV

Post by derrick »

My Cavendish came in and my Bougy and some Succulents today.Thats all for now .Ive sorted out all my pots and insulation for palms and Basjoo .I have a lot of hoarde this year .
stephenprudence

Post by stephenprudence »

davidjonesUK wrote:Muhahahaha I have the best night temps xD :lol:
Dont jinx things lol...
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

thats torn it for you steve,-2 for the next week :lol: icon_hockey :lol:
mars ROVER broken down. headgasket faillure
khaskings

Post by khaskings »

When the f....., when the fr....., when the fro.....Sorry I can't say it, but when the 'other weather' is well and truly in residence, we must start a picture posting thread called 'what your conservatory looks like in winter'. I know ours will be floor to triple wall with stuff and I've seen other pics here of sheltered winter areas that look like you've landed in the amazon. I'd have mine like that all year, but apparently 'other people' prefer to use the conservatory for it's 'proper' use :?
JoelR

Post by JoelR »

No mention of frost for my local area in the met office forecast. Max/Min thermometer has recorded 5.5C inside the greenhouse during the last 2 weeks. Aeoniums & ensete are probably my most tender plants and they will stay out for the time being, Hopefully until mid October.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

They have just sworn again on the southeast news :ahhh!: In places on Friday night temps will fall to 4C, with light winds, will result in a F***t on the ground. :roll:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Wwe have nothing to worry about, frost is always odds against at this time of year, here typically the lowest temperature over the next week will be 9-10C, inland it could get as low as 4-5C, slight chance of a ground frost, however not really anything to worry about.

Looking ahead we might get some decent temperatures into next week if we get the southeasterly that's being forecast, could lift the temperature 21-23C which is very respectable for the time of year, coupled with mild nights.

So all in all, a fairly favourable outlook, and not as harsh as you might be led to believe.
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

i like the sound of your forecast,ill stick with that icon_thumleft icon_thumleft
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

stephenprudence wrote:So all in all, a fairly favourable outlook, and not as harsh as you might be led to believe.
Well maybe favourable, but if you have any truly tropical plants like musa dwarf cav, zebrina, etc, they don't like temps lower than 6C. You won't see damage immediately, but they are unlikely to make next spring :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Dave Brown wrote:
stephenprudence wrote:So all in all, a fairly favourable outlook, and not as harsh as you might be led to believe.
Well maybe favourable, but if you have any truly tropical plants like musa dwarf cav, zebrina, etc, they don't like temps lower than 6C. You won't see damage immediately, but they are unlikely to make next spring :wink:
I haven't. I've resisted :wink:
stephenprudence

Ill admit when I saw the title of this thread for the first time, I through to myself "Tomasz Shafernacker is bound to have been sacked" :lol:
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

AND FINELY FROST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

Alexander wrote:AND FINELY FROST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is it, Alexander, I won't have swearing, especially in capitals, on this forum, you're banned :lol: Only joking :lol:

Friday night is the one to watch out for in my area. but is only grass temps getting to zero. If you have any small potted plants next to the lawn best ot move them away. They also showed around the Herefordshire area air temps could get as low as zero, definately one to watch out for in that area. :roll:

As we are not even at the equinox yet, the sun is still quite high at about 35 to 40 degrees above the horizon for most of us, so any ground F***t will be short lived. and hopefully we will have another 6 to 8 weeks before the real colder weather starts :wink:
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright
redsquirrel

Post by redsquirrel »

so tonights the night.will have a scout round later and pick up anything we care about that might suffer icon_thumright like you Dave,wont be panicking for at least another month,then the big tidy up will begin.
Essex Ross

Post by Essex Ross »

stephenprudence wrote:Ill admit when I saw the title of this thread for the first time, I through to myself "Tomasz Shafernacker is bound to have been sacked" :lol:
Thats the first thing that came to my mind aswell. :lol:
Wikipedia wrote:Tomasz Schafernaker is renowned for his on-air gaffes. On 25 June 2009, during the 12:58 pm weather forecast on BBC Radio 4, Schafernaker tripped up over his script words of "night", "showers", "mud" and "site" and ended up forecasting a "muddy loads of shallots" for Glastonbury instead of a "muddy site". He made a public apology in 2007 after calling the Outer Hebrides and the Scottish Highlands "nowheresville" during a live weather broadcast. On 17 August 2010, he jokingly put his middle finger up at newsreader Simon McCoy on the BBC News Channel during a live broadcast, not initially realising that the camera had cut to him. He has since apologised.

In January 2010, he appeared bare-chested on the cover of the supplement Active of the UK gay magazine Attitude.