Most Dangerous Plant In Your Garden

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Our large Ikea Cycas is on the left, a small £8.99 one in the middle and the other was from Amulree.

We havent been to Nigels yet, but have heard his prices are good, probably going over next year as he seems to have some decent yuccas. I think we were just lucky with the Ikea find. Most were smaller than this, we pulled them all out to find the best one.

Gaz
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Gaz, hire a van if you are going to Nigels :wink:
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

You must have seen what we got in the back of the Corsa!!!
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

You've never been to Nigels, a Corsa will not do !

I've been lucky that I've always been given a lift with Damian @ Total Eden http://www.hardyexoticplants.co.uk and his truck :) (and sometimes trailer http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... =627466255)
Mark

Post by Mark »

Just had a quick look at his site and I love the look of the Vivax Huanvenzhu. I want one!
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

He's going to be so embaressed I posted his site.

Which one is that Mark ?

LC

PS He hopes oneday that we can have a meet there, but he thinks it will be many years till he is worthy.
lucienc

Post by lucienc »

Just checked it out, don't think he has any in at the moment.
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Is the suspension still good on your tardis, I mean Corsa.
If you thought your corsa has been well loaded, you should have seen my astra van when I picked up a few freebies from Mark when he was where he used to work.
One trip I couldnt change lanes on the motorway because I couldnt see out properly :lol:
Mark

Post by Mark »

Just as well..... I haven't the room :cry:
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Adrian wrote:Is the suspension still good on your tardis, I mean Corsa.
If you thought your corsa has been well loaded, you should have seen my astra van when I picked up a few freebies from Mark when he was where he used to work.
One trip I couldnt change lanes on the motorway because I couldnt see out properly :lol:
The suspension is pretty knackered!!
When we came back from cornwall i had to 'prune' some of the purchases to see out!!

Will be getting a newer car soon, so migh tlook after it a bit better, should be having access to a trailer so that will make life easier!!
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

A trailer only means you can buy bigger stuff :lol:
Ive seen a couple of funny sites going out of Nigels on trailers (MK Nige :lol: )
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Mark wrote:I love the look of the Vivax Huanvenzhu.
It's a lovely bamboo and produces thick culms relatively quickly. However it also reverts quite often to Vivax 'Aureocaulis' (yellow with green stripes, as opposed to the green with yellow stripes) and even mature-ish clumps I've seen has a "two in one" effect. Our young one hasn't sent out a reverted culm so far.

If you want consistent green culms with yellow stripes only then Phyllostachys bambusoides 'Castillonis Inversa' is a better choice, albeit slower than above.

Mark
Mark

Post by Mark »

Thanks Mark its worth noting. I haven't got room for one of those either :cry:
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

It only takes up the space of an Ae-Ae, I'd take that tatty old thing off your hands :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mark

Post by Mark »

:lol: :lol: