New addition

miketropic

New addition

Post by miketropic »

Just got this in the mail today. Siam ruby ( although its hard to tell right now ) 3 ft of P stem and a new roller coming out. also has 3 or 4 pups about to break the ground. since small TC plants are usually about £9 and I got this one for £12 with postage and thought it was a steal. can't wait till it starts putting out some nice big red leaves icon_thumleft . Are these in the UK? I think they have been out awhile so I figured they were.

GoggleboxUK

Re: New addition

Post by GoggleboxUK »

That's a real bargain, are there any more available?

:)
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

it was from an individual but he had a few of them over the summer IDK if anymore are for sale. I tried to post a pic of them growing but its on flickr so it won't let me. I'll ask and see what he says. if not I will sell some pups once they come up.
grub

Post by grub »

Doesn't look like 'Weedby' to me but then I've never had one last long enough to reach 3 ft :evil: . I am sure though that mine were much redder...
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

well it took some light frost here I have some pics of it growing in the summer it had very good color. this is a pic right before it was mailed. its the one on the right. it did take a frost so its gunna need some recovery time

kata

Post by kata »

That first pic Mike reminds me of the Siki I got,

It was about half that stem and a single leaf coming from the top like a flag........... :lol: :lol:
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

I now have almost a full leaf unrolled and 4 pups have broken through the soil. once this thing gets in the ground around springtime it should really take off and I will have a grove of siams. the new leaf has alot of red in it just very light due to the lack of sun I believe
kata

Post by kata »

Well done Mike!!

The Ensete I got two weeks ago now has a new leaf emerging. I have to say I am slighly concerned if its growing too fast.

Sounds like you got a bargain there.

Why all that stem when we first buy a Siki?

icon_cheers
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

the leaf is unrolling SOOOOO slow but the pups are shooting up about an inch each night.
kata

Post by kata »

What will you do till spring Mike?

Its not like you can plant them.. icon_scratch
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

Im not really sure what I am going to do here are some current pictures of it. the leaf is so big it can no longer hold itself upright so I have it propped up in the window. the pups are growing crazy so I just hope it all hangs on till spring.

miketropic

Post by miketropic »

the main plant is slowly dieing. I called Brian he said it needs 80F and high humidity all winter to be happy so its a goner. I will have 4 or 5 nice pups to start off with in the spring. since they will have a huge corm to draw food they should get big fast.
call

Post by call »

i saw some of these at detling they where by lifestyle plants but they where to expensive for there size :(
kata

Post by kata »

My Ensete is as cold as I can get it in my shower Mike to slow down the growth till spring.

Its opened up one new leaf in two weeks.

Its very cold as the bathroom it6s tiled from floor to celiing in cold tiling so that disproves what he is saying. You can't stop them from growing.

No heat whatsoever in my bathroom.
DiCasS

Post by DiCasS »

Mike said: "Are these in the UK? I think they have been out awhile so I figured they were."

Found an old photo of mine from 2009. I'd kept it going all Winter in my conservatory, it slowly grew, I had high hopes for it, thought it would look great in my garden in the Summer, but it never grew, not only that, once I stuck it outside it started to deteriorate. I lost interest after that and stuck it in the garage where it swiftly died over Winter.

I like these plants, could have done with a bit of your summer heat I think. Look forward to seeing pics of yours next Summer in it's full glory icon_cheers

This is the best I could do with it here. Yes, I know, it's hard to spot, but its in the black pot right at the front :lol: :lol: :lol:
DSCN1403 [640x480].JPG
Di
I'm at an age where my back goes out more than I do.
Supporter of the N.A.S.