Ensete ventricosum Maurelii

dorothy

Re: Ensete ventricosum Maurelii

Post by dorothy »

oh it's gorgeous Kata!! I have two in my garden, one green and other red. Nowhere nice as yours though and not very big. They were from Morrisons as well :)
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks Dorothy... icon_cheers

Dave, what do you think now?

I took another pic,

Leaves seem to be curling and go brown?
P1010165.JPG
JBALLY

Post by JBALLY »

It is just because it is indoors Kata with the dry atmosphere in the house that has made the leaves curl a little. Really it is just about keeping the plant ticking over and alive in as good as condition as possible till the warmer and brighter weather comes, as soon as it goes outside in the summer it will chuck out plenty of new healthy leaves and I am sure with your care and attention will look and grow well and be the picture of health. I woud'nt worry too much.
kata

Post by kata »

Thanks JB!

It gets too warm in here and the bathroom which is tiled from ceiling to floor seemed the best place for it. Putting it near that lounge window is where the sun comes in on odd afternoons.

:mrgreen:
DAVIDEVANS

Post by DAVIDEVANS »

Kata,

your first photo back in December shows a plant with two leaves. The last photo shows one with 4 leaves and a new roller. Suggests to me that it's quite happy so stop worrying. With the rate of growth of these things next year you'll be worrying about how to stop them growing over winter. The winter after you'll be wondering it it will fit in the house and the winter after that you'll have to move out for the winter.

Just keep it ticking over, wash the greenfly off and don't put it out too early.
kata

Post by kata »

I was going to let it out today then I went in the garden to tidy up and froze myself,

I was on the move weeding, planting old bulbs etc, it was way too cold for my plant...glad I never put it out.

Yes its seems to be doing fine, thanks David!

What are you growing indoors? I just have the one Ensete to try but got some Begonias shooting nicely under cling film.
icon_cheers :mrgreen:
kata

Post by kata »

I put mine out for two hours today in the sun, then it went cold when sun went in,

icon_cheers icon_cheers