Unknown banana

Vagetarian

Unknown banana

Post by Vagetarian »

This is kind of going to be the anti thread to Daves banana ID.

I bought a Musa manii and it very clearly is nothing like a manii. I think it's a plain old balbisiana.

Anyone else have any ideas?
DSC_0244.jpg
DSC_0246.jpg
DSC_0247.jpg
Palmer

Re: Unknown banana

Post by Palmer »

That happened to me 2 years ago Vag… I ordered Mannii and was sent a balbisiana, I’m not complaining though the balbisiana over winters well in the loft and grows fairly fast in summer and its more cold tolerant then my balbisiana gigantea was.
Vagetarian

Post by Vagetarian »

Palmer wrote:That happened to me 2 years ago Vag… I ordered Mannii and was sent a balbisiana, I’m not complaining though the balbisiana over winters well in the loft and grows fairly fast in summer and its more cold tolerant then my balbisiana gigantea was.
Well then I think I know where you got it from. I just hope that the ones I've got on order this year actually come as advertised.

I bought it on a whim in the autumn sale and wouldn't swap it for a mannii so I'm pretty happy really. Good to know it does well in the roof as that's where it will be next winter.
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

My Chini-champa turned out to be balbisiana as well. :roll: Was a bit disappointed as was hoping to get fruit, which I don't think this will do.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright