Musa dwarf cavendish double roller

GREVILLE

Musa dwarf cavendish double roller

Post by GREVILLE »

Went to the school today to water and bring back a few more of my overwintered plants and discovered the dwarf cavendish has sent up a double roller from the main stem. It's certainly not a flower stem and the two existing pups have suddenly exploded into growth as well, both showing the juvenile red markings on the leaves.

I'll take a pic next time I go but I'm having trouble downloading them.

Has anyone had this happen to theirs. More interestingly, what happened after?
miketropic

Re: Musa dwarf cavendish double roller

Post by miketropic »

your 100% sure its not a leaf and a flag leaf? any way it could be a super dwarf cav.?
GREVILLE

Post by GREVILLE »

Both rollers are just starting to open. They are identical in size and looking down 'the tubes' they are clearly new leaves. At five feet high they would not be 'super dwarf'.
miketropic

Post by miketropic »

we have some d cavs that flowered at that height at my local GH..not much fruit but flowers none the less. post a pic if you get a chance
Dave Brown
Site Admin

Post by Dave Brown »

GREVILLE wrote:Both rollers are just starting to open. They are identical in size and looking down 'the tubes' they are clearly new leaves. At five feet high they would not be 'super dwarf'.
Super dwarf grow to 6ft including leaves, dwarf cav grows to 14ft :wink: Dwarf cav are the ones they mass grow in the Canaries.
Best regards
Dave
icon_thumright

Post by GREVILLE »

Haven't repotted this for two years. If I'd have done some annual potting, it would probably be well over eight feet by now. Judging by the thickness of the P-stem I definitely have the MDCav.