beware of scale insects.

billdango

Re: beware of scale insects.

Post by billdango »

it seems that every gdn center i buy plants from have these dam insects.i,m shure that they infest them on purpose so that you have to keep replacing your palms and ferns each year . its a great way to make money out of us all.
rgds billdango. :x :x :x :x
Tropical Bob

Post by Tropical Bob »

Haha they probably do :lol: barstewards allready sell us virused cannas and tiny Phoenix canariensis_CIDP by the million :roll:
kata

Post by kata »

We, San, and I, and I think Dave Brown, (don't quote me on DB) believe that the plants come with flies as an added ingredient. :lol: :lol:

San and I had a lot of bother thinking they were in the compost.

Brand new sown seedlings could'nt possibly be infected to such a degree as I had with the flies.

:( :(
sanatic1234

Post by sanatic1234 »

yep that is true, i am still getting a few of them now!, but since adding gravel to some of my plants the amount of flies have dropped a lot.. Idea was suggested by Dave B.. I will just put gravel on all my potted plants. that will get rid of the peasky butters.
but water your plants from the bottom not the top, the moisture of your soil is a breeding ground for them to lay there eggs and if watered from the top they will breed like there is no tomorrow with all the exposed wet soil. i have done it and its not good.
kata

Post by kata »

Still needing to catch my son for a bag of grit,

The bags feel really heavy so can't ask the taxi bloke to lift.

My lad's arms and shoulders are strong after pulling reels of Sky/NTL cable all his life.

icon_cheers icon_cheers