young c humilis plants at b&q.

billdango

young c humilis plants at b&q.

Post by billdango »

just to let everyone know ,they have nice specimens of c huilis for sale at most b&q branches at two prices . small at £18.98, and large at £28.98. worth checking out .
rgds everyone .billdango. :D :D :D :D
dino

Re: young c humilis plants at b&q.

Post by dino »

Sounds a lot for the small ones bearing in mind Wilkinsons were banging them out for £6 but maybe they are bigger than I'm thinking.
billdango

Post by billdango »

sorry i forgot to mention the sizes,small ones are 18 inches tall and the bigger ones are about 24 inches tall and i think good value for money .get them before they kill them by lack of watering?. rgds billdango. :D :D :D :D
GoggleboxUK

Post by GoggleboxUK »

More expensive than last year, 2footers were £20, bloody recession!
grub

Post by grub »

Are we talking trunk or overall height? I paid £20 for 2ft of trunk last summer at Crews Hill icon_thumright (Mind you, it carked it in the greenhouse this winter :evil: )
Adam D

Post by Adam D »

grub wrote:Are we talking trunk or overall height? I paid £20 for 2ft of trunk last summer at Crews Hill icon_thumright (Mind you, it carked it in the greenhouse this winter :evil: )
Excellent price :)

Bummer outcome after the winter :(
grub

Post by grub »

I can't bear to start listing what never made it Adam, needless to say; it was s**t loads :cry:
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

dino wrote:Sounds a lot for the small ones bearing in mind Wilkinsons were banging them out for £6 but maybe they are bigger than I'm thinking.
i got some smaller c humilis at b&q for 6 or 7 pound other week.
fieldfest

Post by fieldfest »

i got a £20 one from B&Q last week that was bigger than the £30 ones for some reason, about 2.5-3ft total height

see pic from my webcam inc. awesome arrows
chammy.jpg
Mr List

Post by Mr List »

they also had some £50 ones at mine.

looking at them they didnt seem bad sizes for the price but they never go big enough for me.
when i buy a palm i want a really big one or a really cheap small one.

middling sizes are no good for me.
The Codfather

Post by The Codfather »

Wilkonsons are better value for money imo.
AKA - Martin

Wish list - Big Palms or Dicksonia antarctica's but open to anything really.....Cash Waiting !
musa_monkey

Post by musa_monkey »

grub wrote:Are we talking trunk or overall height? I paid £20 for 2ft of trunk last summer at Crews Hill icon_thumright (Mind you, it carked it in the greenhouse this winter :evil: )
Grub any idea what caused it? Mine has been outside for the last couple of winters and came through no problem at all. Your not that far from me and these things are supposed to be hard as nails. Was it rot due to limited air circulation do you think ?
billdango

Post by billdango »

thats the hieght in the ground grub, they are about 2 foot wide at the top so i still think they are good value for money. iff i had room in my gdn i would buy one .
rgds billdango. :D :D :D :D
jezza

Post by jezza »

What sort of temps did you get then? I left one of my two footers in an unheated greenhouse and it's unmarked.

The other two footer that was in the outside in the ground carked it.
sooty

Post by sooty »

I bought two single-trunked ones from Wilko's yesteday at £4.98 each. One is 65cms tall, the other 72. That's without the pot and without "stretching up" a leaf to measure it. :DD